Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: EPIA manual...

  1. #11
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    10
    heres the wires and my motherboard...





    -thnx-

  2. #12
    Constant Bitrate MrJamieR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, VIC
    Posts
    147
    Spoon feeders you're up
    Carputer Haiku (thanks Ian Hughes)
    Serious error.
    All shortcuts have disappeared.
    Screen. Mind. Both are blank.

  3. #13
    Fusion Brain Creator 2k1Toaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado, but Canadian!
    Posts
    10,049
    Quote Originally Posted by zobgel View Post
    heres the wires and my motherboard...





    -thnx-
    Are you serious?!



    Seriously, please read some online tutorials on building a PC (In general, not specific to CarPC). Then you will figure out what goes where very easily.

    Do you know which is the IDE cable, which molex connector is the "floppy" connector, which is the SATA cable? Do you know what IDE is? Or SATA is?

    If you answered no, or had to google any of those, then you are not yet ready to put a PC in your car. You need to build this system you have as a desktop first and debug it. Then move to your car.

    Don't take this the wrong way, but this is very basic stuff.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

  4. #14
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    10
    thnx somebody sent me the manual and his helping me out....

    -thnx-

  5. #15
    Fusion Brain Creator 2k1Toaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado, but Canadian!
    Posts
    10,049
    Quote Originally Posted by zobgel View Post
    thnx somebody sent me the manual and his helping me out....

    -thnx-
    If you cannot build a computer by yourself yet, you are not yet ready for a CarPC. You don't want to rely on others every time it has a hiccup. You must become self reliant.

    Do yourself a favour, and read. Learn what everything is, how it works, and how to put it together. Learn the basics. Then you will be ready to venture in building them. Build it on your desk and get everything working with a normal PSU. Get comfy with that, and move to your car.

    You might think that you can just learn as you do it with the CarPC, and you might be able to, but it is going to take 10 times longer, and cause you 1000 times for frustration that if you follow the steps that I and others have tried to get you to understand. There is more involved with a carpc than a regular pc, and if you are clueless about a regular one, you can kiss your car goodbye because it will soon be destroyed dued to your lack of an ability to listen.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

  6. #16
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
    If you cannot build a computer by yourself yet, you are not yet ready for a CarPC. You don't want to rely on others every time it has a hiccup. You must become self reliant.

    Do yourself a favour, and read. Learn what everything is, how it works, and how to put it together. Learn the basics. Then you will be ready to venture in building them. Build it on your desk and get everything working with a normal PSU. Get comfy with that, and move to your car.

    You might think that you can just learn as you do it with the CarPC, and you might be able to, but it is going to take 10 times longer, and cause you 1000 times for frustration that if you follow the steps that I and others have tried to get you to understand. There is more involved with a carpc than a regular pc, and if you are clueless about a regular one, you can kiss your car goodbye because it will soon be destroyed dued to your lack of an ability to listen.
    thnx for the advice.

  7. #17
    Fusion Brain Creator 2k1Toaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado, but Canadian!
    Posts
    10,049
    Quote Originally Posted by zobgel View Post
    thnx for the advice.
    I hope you are serious. I am just trying to prevent you from throwing your hard earned money down a garbage pit. Step by step is the way to go.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

  8. #18
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
    I hope you are serious. I am just trying to prevent you from throwing your hard earned money down a garbage pit. Step by step is the way to go.
    yeah im serious i appreciate you guy's help and i know that the best thing to do is SEARCH but im just to lazy

    -peace-

  9. #19
    Neither darque nor pervert DarquePervert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Posts
    13,950
    Quote Originally Posted by zobgel View Post
    yeah im serious i appreciate you guy's help and i know that the best thing to do is SEARCH but im just to lazy

    -peace-

    Personally, I don't think that's funny at all.
    People write manuals for a reason. People write FAQs for a reason. The spend time and, in some cases, money to provide you with information to help you with what you want to do. The manufacturer provides the manuals. We provide the vehicle-specific FAQs. On you, that is completely wasted.

    Your laziness is going to get you nowhere. Do yourself a favor and get the manual. read it. Go to your Barnes & Noble and pick up a book on how to build a PC or look for an online resource.
    If you're not too lazy to make a forum post about how lazy you are, you've got enough energy to do that, at least.

    The way I see it, there are two groups of people who are deserving of having a computer in their ride:
    1 - People who are willing to tinker, experiment and actually learn what it takes to install one
    2 - People who are wealthy enough to pay someone else who has the knowledge to install one (and fits #1 above).

    So which are you?

    Again, if you're not willing to learn how to build your own PC, put your parts up for sale and buy a pre-built small PC for your ride.

    Frankly, your laziness appalls me.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?



    Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

  10. #20
    Constant Bitrate MrJamieR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, VIC
    Posts
    147
    Don't bottle your feelings up DarquePervert, it will just make you sick. Tell him how you really feel.
    Carputer Haiku (thanks Ian Hughes)
    Serious error.
    All shortcuts have disappeared.
    Screen. Mind. Both are blank.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. FS: MANY MANY EPIA boards and 2.5" DRIVES!!!!
    By UrbanSoot in forum Classified Archive
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-13-2007, 03:14 PM
  2. Thinking about going manual..
    By Song0330 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 02-21-2006, 04:34 PM
  3. Normal AMD/Intel system or VIA Epia system??
    By ironic in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-08-2005, 08:07 AM
  4. Pentuim M on DFI Vs. Epia Worth it?
    By alti in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-04-2004, 03:05 AM
  5. Original Epia VS Epia M
    By MeanGT in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-23-2003, 04:25 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •