Working on recovery
I am working on getting my fresh install to be fresh again! hehe
Yeah, at least I wasn't the only with problems! Bostone needed a jump! hehe (He did have his system running with no engine for a long time though) :-)
Up and running
Well guys I am up and running again. WindowsXP is purring like a kitten. (We will see how long that lasts)
I am getting a boot time of about 25-30 seconds I beleive. I am very happy with that. I could shave off a little more with some tweaking I think. I had win98 at about 15-20 seconds.
Truck interior is all put back together.
Now I just need to get on the ball and finish the other odds and ends.
* Build case for computer to fit in back cubby of Durango
* Modify the Console for new Datalux screen
* Figure out IDE to Firewire bridge issue in XP for my slot load DVD (worked great in 98...call the mfg. tomorrow
* Get USB to Serial adapters to work in XP
* Will run X10 wireless remote
* Will run SprintPCS phone connection for Internet
* Possible add emulators and control pad for that (Feel in love with that on Freestylers system at the meet today!)
I will hopefully start my own thread and website soon.
Nice to meet all you guys that showed up....
THREAD ABOUT MY NEW OPUS SUPPLY:
Who had a camera at this thing? Freestyler and Tapper (I think)? Post more! I like!
I really want some pics of my setup - haven't taken any yet and I've only had the thing running for almost 4 years....
(That's me in the last photo with the Jeep - jumper, not the jumpee)
Sorry for the late entry...
Between work and school, I have really not time at all to mess with site design that I was going to do.
Here is the link to some pics that I took of the meet.
Sorry about the ads but I am really broke right now!
I wish I could have been there. This is great, you guys inspired me to get going.
Got a ton of work to do so it will be a good winter project.