Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 35

Thread: All-in-One Carpc for $150

  1. #21
    FLAC
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,321
    man, i sure as hell wouldn't want to be that uptight... its just a talk forum dude. im fairly certain you getting all pms'y about some stereotype slander will cause you to live a short life, or a poor quality one but have fun with all that either way. you would be surprised who actually sounds dumb in this thread.

    btw, davedave- "idiocracy" is a reference to a movie, called idiocracy. it is far exaggerated, but if you have seen the parts of this country like i have, it really doesnt seem that far out there.

  2. #22
    North of the land of Hey Huns
    Auto Apps:loading...

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Westminster, MD
    Posts
    2,127
    Quote Originally Posted by trader007 View Post
    man, i sure as hell wouldn't want to be that uptight... its just a talk forum dude. im fairly certain you getting all pms'y about some stereotype slander will cause you to live a short life, or a poor quality one but have fun with all that either way. you would be surprised who actually sounds dumb in this thread.

    btw, davedave- "idiocracy" is a reference to a movie, called idiocracy. it is far exaggerated, but if you have seen the parts of this country like i have, it really doesnt seem that far out there.

    Yes... it's just a talk forum. It's not as if there are real people behind the screen names or anything crazy like that. With comments like that, do you really wonder why you have a negative rep?

    I am well aware your next reaction will be "I don't care what a bunch of people online think about me". It shows.
    "stop with the REINSTALLS, what do you think we got some lame-o installer!!!" - mitchjs
    RevFE
    My Shop

  3. #23
    Neither darque nor pervert DarquePervert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Posts
    13,948
    Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
    PS any more swearing and an infraction will be given. There was no need for that kind of language. Besides the post you quote is , I believe, by an American about Americans.
    Do you swear to that, or would you have to infract yourself?
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?



    Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

  4. #24
    Confusion Master
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Enforcer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    If you go down to the woods today, You're sure of
    Posts
    14,607
    Quote Originally Posted by DarquePervert View Post
    Do you swear to that, or would you have to infract yourself?


    Hmmmm, made me look.


    Apparently I can't infract myself.

    I might be able to ban myself, but decided not to try.

  5. #25
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    191
    Quote Originally Posted by malcom2073 View Post
    Yes... it's just a talk forum. It's not as if there are real people behind the screen names or anything crazy like that. With comments like that, do you really wonder why you have a negative rep?

    I am well aware your next reaction will be "I don't care what a bunch of people online think about me". It shows.
    Thanks for the support Malcom, you know what the biggest issue is? This is a CarPC forum NOT and political forum. There should not be any comments like that on here at all becouse not everyone is ok with it.

  6. #26
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    191
    Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
    Sometimes you have to read not only individual posts but the whole thread and context before making a snap judgement.
    I just re-read it and it still looks to me as though he was insulting all americans

  7. #27
    Newbie sharpmusic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    50

    Selling for &340 Samsung Q1 Ultra UMPC, Windows 7 Ultima, Iguidance 4, map point 2009


  8. #28
    Confusion Master
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Enforcer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    If you go down to the woods today, You're sure of
    Posts
    14,607
    Quote Originally Posted by davedave1234 View Post
    I just re-read it and it still looks to me as though he was insulting all americans

    Then let me try and clear it up a bit.

    Below I have quoted the relevant posts

    Quote Originally Posted by trader007 View Post
    "can you find me a media player that does cd, mp3, dvd, internet, tv, gps, touchscreen and bluetooth? it got about $200 but id like to keep it less then that"

    what do you guys say when you get asked these things? i mean, people see mine and they ask how much i spent, and they are surprised it didnt cost more then $1k, but then they still want "just some of the things you have like all the awesome parts for $200". its a little funny

    Trader has obviously been asked by someone to get what he has for ~$200

    Quote Originally Posted by trader007 View Post
    hahaha, a true man, man!

    the problem i think is that most people just dont do much of anything, so they dont realize the commitment it takes. they just want plug-n-play, and they want it for $150.

    Then he clarifies and suggests they want it for $150

    Quote Originally Posted by trinybwoy View Post
    or... perhaps in their language, the last zero is silent...
    so to us $1,500 is pronounced $150 to them..
    u never know...
    Trinybwoy then insinuates that the person is from another country or at least speaks a differnt language.

    Quote Originally Posted by trader007 View Post
    he's american. trust me, it's idiocracy.
    Trader clarifies that the person who asked him the original question is American.


    How you can not understand that he was not insulting all Americans I do not know, unless you are hyper sensitive or paranoid.


    And then because of your comments to that post and reactions to your post this thread is starting to degenerate into a slanging match.

    Which I will close if it continues.

  9. #29
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by trader007 View Post
    "can you find me a media player that does cd, mp3, dvd, internet, tv, gps, touchscreen and bluetooth? it got about $200 but id like to keep it less then that"

    You can do it for $179 for a 7". 5" will easily match your price point.

    $179 you can get a Windows CE device that has everything "except" CD/DVD listed.

    They all have AV-IN, GPS, Touch Screen, Internet (thru tethering or wifi) and bluetooth.


    Here is a 5". It has a nice wireless back-up rear camera. The receiver is USB powered on the GPS and the camera is powered by reverse light. You can install a CE front end and have your choice of any NAV app. YOu can run Core-Player which is like VLC.

    $128.



  10. #30
    FLAC
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,321
    Quote Originally Posted by malcom2073 View Post
    With comments like that, do you really wonder why you have a negative rep?
    youre only proving my point. my rep meter has nothing to do with this, you just judged me based on skin color basically. im sure you feel mighty and high with all your rep points, youre wife must think youre a stud!

    chronoguy- that is exactly the type of device he was looking at, but the one he showed me was complete garbage. that one actually looks like it might work... ill have to check it out thanks! what store is that from by the way?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 1995 Honda Civic Sedan EX - My First CarPC
    By vladcarpc in forum Worklogs
    Replies: 106
    Last Post: 10-26-2011, 07:49 PM
  2. Hyundai Elantra GT CarPC
    By cobase in forum Worklogs
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-26-2008, 03:13 PM
  3. CarPC Front End Looks on Mass Production Radios
    By lfilomeno in forum General MP3Car Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-03-2007, 09:25 AM
  4. Should I CarPC or not?
    By BobbyCreekwater in forum Newbie
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-05-2007, 10:00 PM
  5. Replies: 33
    Last Post: 09-01-2005, 04:14 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •