I am not sure how unique this request is or if it is even possible so please bare with me. I have moved away from CDs of all types (mp3, wma, cda, CD+/-RW, etc). All of my music is housed on one computer and streamed to any location I choose, inside or outside of my network.
Currently, I use a third party software that allows me to stream my music from my home to another computer via Internet Explorer. I just purchased a new car with a custom, albeit it a very bad installation, stereo. I was going to rip out this current system and install a system of my choice. Then I started to wonder...since all of my music is streamed, wouldn't it be cool to stream my music from my home to the car.
Obviously, I believe I would need some type of permanent access point in my car which the receiver could connect to in order to get connected to my home network. Here's is what I have to figure out:
- Is there a receiver with a built-in network adapter that could, essentially, access the internet and allow me to enter the url associated to my personal stream?
- If the answer to question 1 is no, is there an adapter that I could connect to the right receiver that would allow me to access the internet and allow me to enter the url associated to my personal stream?
- If the answer to question 1 is yes, what specific type of receiver has this built in adapter?
- If the answer to question 2 is no, does anyone have any suggestions on what I may be able to do to accomplish this?
- If the answer to question 2 is yes, what specific type of receiver would accept such an adapter?
I almost bet this comes down to basic Econ 101...Supply vs Demand. I would gather the technology is out there but the demand for such a product is very low so I may be looking at a premium price but I still would like to find out.