Booting with USB memory stick
I've been looking around the internet for quite a while trying to figure out if someone else has allready tried booting his mini-itx pc from a USB memory stick.
This interests me because I would like to use an USB mem stick instead of a hard drive...it sure makes less noise and is much faster (no moving parts).
Here's some info:
- BIOS on my EPIA 800 is set so it boots from USB-ZIP and it does read the USB stick that includes command.com but says invalid boot device...
- USB is an IBM USB2.0 256MB stick.
- Would like to boot in windows 98 (fits more then well on 256MB)
Things I wonder about:
- Could it be the USB2.0 stick not being compatible with EPIA800 USB slot?
- What files have to be on my mem stick so I can boot in plain DOS mode?
If anyone can help me on this or has done this before, please let me know!