Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Trunk Prep

  1. #1
    Maximum Bitrate binary.h4x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    852

    Trunk Prep

    Ok, i am getting ready to put my finished carputer into the trunk. I just wanted to know is what is the best way to prep the trunk. I was thinking about cutting a piece of plywood and covering it in carpet. But if anyone has better solutions i would be grateful.

    BTW car is 98 civic coupe
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 1.5L SOHC-VTEC

  2. #2
    Maximum Bitrate wi77iam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chester Springs, PA
    Posts
    605
    I mounted everything on a hinged board (half inch plywood) so it folds up and out of the way.

    *******************************
    *******************************

  3. #3
    Maximum Bitrate binary.h4x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    852
    what did you mount the lower hinges to?
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 1.5L SOHC-VTEC

  4. #4
    Raw Wave Confused's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Essex, England
    Posts
    2,224
    wi77iam,

    I've got that case...i think! Care to show me some more pics of it? It looks the same! I've managed to fit my Opus in there, along with a 3.5" hard drive Should you wish to "ditch the brick" and inverter!

    That is a good way of attaching it...i didn't think of that Thanks for the idea


    Garry
    Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
    www.aimee.cc

  5. #5
    Maximum Bitrate wi77iam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chester Springs, PA
    Posts
    605
    Quote Originally Posted by binary.h4x
    what did you mount the lower hinges to?
    They're screwed into the deck of the trunk. If you do that just watch out for your gas tank.
    *******************************
    *******************************

  6. #6
    Maximum Bitrate wi77iam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chester Springs, PA
    Posts
    605
    Quote Originally Posted by Confused
    wi77iam,

    I've got that case...i think! Care to show me some more pics of it? It looks the same! I've managed to fit my Opus in there, along with a 3.5" hard drive Should you wish to "ditch the brick" and inverter!

    That is a good way of attaching it...i didn't think of that Thanks for the idea


    Garry
    The case is a Casetronics 2699R. I have a 2.5 hd drive but it looks like there's enough room for a 3.5 and an Opus in there. That's good to know. The Opus will go into v2 of my carpc. The inverter was cheap and easy.
    *******************************
    *******************************

  7. #7
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    322
    Quote Originally Posted by binary.h4x
    Ok, i am getting ready to put my finished carputer into the trunk. I just wanted to know is what is the best way to prep the trunk. I was thinking about cutting a piece of plywood and covering it in carpet. But if anyone has better solutions i would be grateful.

    BTW car is 98 civic coupe
    I have a 97 Civic and I have my case mounted to the back of my back seat. What I did was removed the seats from the car, took the carpet off of the back of the seats and then put in 2 3/7 X 1 pieces of wood. Then for my amp, I simply mounted it w/ screws. As for my computer case I want that to be removable so put some "L" brackets on there that the case just slides onto and then I secure it down w/ in my case a form of a tie down. Works great cause I can get my system in and out quickly w/ little problems. I'll post pictures later!!
    New CarPC on the way again I think. I miss my old one!!!

  8. #8
    Raw Wave Confused's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Essex, England
    Posts
    2,224
    Quote Originally Posted by wi77iam
    The case is a Casetronics 2699R. I have a 2.5 hd drive but it looks like there's enough room for a 3.5 and an Opus in there. That's good to know. The Opus will go into v2 of my carpc. The inverter was cheap and easy.
    Mine is very similar, however it only has a cut-out for a cdrom drive. It might be a slightly older model (i got it 2nd hand, so no box/documentation )

    This is how i fit both the 3.5" hard drive and the Opus in mine:
    (click to enlarge)


    It's a bit of a tight squeeze, but it does go


    Garry
    Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
    www.aimee.cc

  9. #9
    Maximum Bitrate binary.h4x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    852
    Thx R3load but the case needs to be mounted on a level surface
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 1.5L SOHC-VTEC

Similar Threads

  1. Computer in the trunk -- any problems?
    By sq_geek in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-19-2003, 12:00 AM
  2. Adding Power Source to trunk
    By Tydog in forum Power Supplies
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-14-2003, 09:16 AM
  3. Is it too hot/wet/cold in the trunk?
    By Artemk in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-08-2002, 08:44 AM
  4. What cable for the LCD to the trunk?
    By dudah85 in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-09-2001, 03:36 PM
  5. How can i get power in the trunk?
    By helloman in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-19-2001, 08:34 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •