Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 76

Thread: Camera Idea I have for avoiding cops...

  1. #61

  2. #62
    Maximum Bitrate Fusion-One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec
    Posts
    461
    This is as good a thread to mention this as any.

    My friend has an old car radio which picks up interferance from cop cars. Anytime he is within ~500 feet of any cop cars, his radio makes a "Tck tck tck tck tck tck tck" noise and the audio gets messed up. The closer they get, the more screwed up the audio gets and the louder the pulsing Tck gets.

    We've observed it in action several times, and it has actually come in useful before, too. I dont know it would be replicable 100% of the time, but it's an interesting idea... there is obviously some radiation being given off specifically common to cop cars which could be picked up. Perhaps a more refined system could be built?

    Just something to consider.

  3. #63
    FLAC PURDooM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Anoka County, MN
    Posts
    1,020
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusion-One
    This is as good a thread to mention this as any.

    My friend has an old car radio which picks up interferance from cop cars. Anytime he is within ~500 feet of any cop cars, his radio makes a "Tck tck tck tck tck tck tck" noise and the audio gets messed up. The closer they get, the more screwed up the audio gets and the louder the pulsing Tck gets.

    We've observed it in action several times, and it has actually come in useful before, too. I dont know it would be replicable 100% of the time, but it's an interesting idea... there is obviously some radiation being given off specifically common to cop cars which could be picked up. Perhaps a more refined system could be built?

    Just something to consider.
    Just have to figure out what frequency their data services use, then get a reciever hooked up to a power meter. It is concievable...
    Current projects: iGmod reloaded (Latest release) (put on hiatus indefinatly)

    Unlimited Internet and gps tracking for $6 a month with boost mobile!

    Carputer 2: www.lmaocar.com

  4. #64
    Low Bitrate Iguana2020's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    panama
    Posts
    57
    are you dealing with eligal drugs or something???? why are you so afraid of cops?????.

  5. #65
    FLAC FC3S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Seoul, Korea
    Posts
    1,040
    people tend to speed when they know cops arent around

    personally, i speed all the time, i dont recommend it, but i hate being stuck behind slow people :P

    so if i knew cops werent around, i'd go 170km/h down the straight highway, instead of the legal 100km/h here in bc :/

  6. #66
    Super Moderator xBrady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,687
    I knew I recognized this thread title. Yup the idea is as stupid now as it was 2 years ago.
    AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
    Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
    Installed.


    -GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
    -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

  7. #67
    FLAC FC3S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Seoul, Korea
    Posts
    1,040
    Quote Originally Posted by xBrady
    I knew I recognized this thread title. Yup the idea is as stupid now as it was 2 years ago.

    haha, true that

    now, if someone made a touchscreen that was the size of the windshield, then you could just point at the cops to track them


  8. #68
    FLAC is for flaccid parksgm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    1,119
    Quote Originally Posted by FC3S
    so if i knew cops werent around, i'd go 170km/h down the straight highway, instead of the legal 100km/h here in bc :/
    You'd be putting other people's lives at risk, with no concern for them at all. Personally, I don't care whether YOU kill yourself or not...but when you infringe on MY rights (say, by running into me when you're doing 170kph), then I get mad. Laws are enacted to discourgestupid behavior and poor judgement from people like you who only think for themselves.

    ...and in case you're wondering, I have the same disdain for people who run red lights.

  9. #69
    FLAC FC3S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Seoul, Korea
    Posts
    1,040
    i've never run a red light, and i said i only speed when no one else is around

    besides, ur in texas, not canada, dont worry

    aha

  10. #70
    Constant Bitrate stealinfool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    142
    Mainly, if you are scanning your mirrors as often as you should, obeying the speed limit (this doesn't include going 10 under in the PASSING lane) and generally being an aware and capable driver, you're out of the way of anyone who feels it necessary to get by. If you're not doing any of the above, and most people actually do none of the above, then not only do you cause traffic flow issues but you put yourself in a more dangerous situation. Now, I'll admit this is not always the case, and it does seem that some people follow the "stupid is as stupid does" campaign. But you doing your part on the road is vital to everyone's safety.

    And back to the topic at hand. Unless the camera is fully automated, and gave a simple (maybe audible?) warning, chances are you'd be watching the camera instead of the road, and then you'll be looking for ambulances instead of cops when all is said and done.

    Just my .02

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Auto reverse camera
    By Tha Hombre in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 10-10-2008, 03:30 AM
  2. Displaying reverse camera on a carputer?
    By coachreed in forum LCD/Display
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 04-22-2008, 06:47 PM
  3. For Sale, 1 x Wireless Miniature Security Camera.
    By buildfromscratc in forum Classified Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-15-2004, 07:13 PM
  4. Reversing camera
    By hapination in forum LCD/Display
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-20-2003, 03:48 AM
  5. Have video camera for rear view - which program?
    By nxt125 in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-15-2002, 12:25 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •