Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: In-Dash VGA spam

  1. #1
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    640

    In-Dash VGA spam

    So a while ago I was trying to figure out a way to get a few in-dash (motorized) VGA's imported. Half the people here seemed to want one yet no one wanted to put their money where their mouth was, so I decided not to take a risk and didn't go through with the purchase.

    So recently I've gotten 2 emails from two different manufacturers in Taiwan, with price lists of various things including... the in-dash VGA monitors. At first I thought it was the same company and didn't even read the emails, but one day when i was bored (today) I actually looked at the brochures, and all the pictures were different. In fact, one of the monitors was fully motorized while the other one was non-motorized, but still in-dash of course. The pamphlet for the latter one actually has the FCC markings on it, which I find rather strange, why in the world would they bother with meeting FCC standards if they don't have a seller here?

    Anyways, I can't upload any pictures right now for some random reason (error line 112), and I posting this in General Discussion and not monitors, because the point is that I am being spammed by in-dash VGA manufacturers! Don't know what to make of that, but apparently we got their attention, may be that will mean monitors coming in within the next few blue moons.
    I have found you an argument; I am not obliged to find you an understanding.

  2. #2
    is back. FKA Robert Wray
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Fiberoptic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1978
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    1,418
    Blog Entries
    143
    I would be very interested to see what people are sending you. Were people using our forum for spam or did they use your personal e-mail address?

    If it was the forum I want to know ASAP so we can stop that. That is not cool.

    We might be interested in stocking some of these monitors in the store. We have been in talks with some of the manufacturers over in China but there have been serious quality issues with all of the demos we have received so far. They have been so bad we didn't even want to post photos. We have wired money too some companies and 2 months later we still have received no product. It is a very shady market.

    Please send anything that you think we should look at selling to [email protected] or feel free to call the store at 1-443-321-4730

  3. #3
    Constant Bitrate HoSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    201
    Quote Originally Posted by rushnrockt
    The pamphlet for the latter one actually has the FCC markings on it, which I find rather strange, why in the world would they bother with meeting FCC standards if they don't have a seller here?
    It's not unusual to get FCC compliance first, no matter the destination market, since the emmision regulations are among the most stringent in the world, and thus others such as CE follow easily.

  4. #4
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    640
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiberoptic
    I would be very interested to see what people are sending you. Were people using our forum for spam or did they use your personal e-mail address?

    If it was the forum I want to know ASAP so we can stop that. That is not cool.

    We might be interested in stocking some of these monitors in the store. We have been in talks with some of the manufacturers over in China but there have been serious quality issues with all of the demos we have received so far. They have been so bad we didn't even want to post photos. We have wired money too some companies and 2 months later we still have received no product. It is a very shady market.

    Please send anything that you think we should look at selling to [email protected] or feel free to call the store at 1-443-321-4730

    Well, I got the stuff in my email, the one I used to talk with the original company, which I believe was Teamsharp. So either the people that sent me emails later on were somehow related or someone's stealing customers from each other. The addresses have not been the same (in Taiwan) as far as I know, so it's hard to track them. Teamsharp originally were ok with me having a friend in Taiwan coming over and paying on the spot and receiving a sample right there. May be you have your own experiences with them, because they have sent me an incorrect statement from a previous customer, with shipping charges at $1200, seemed like a decent sized shipment.
    Anyways, since I am still in college, my carpc is 4 months out and this didn't seem like a risk free investment, I just decided to put my money elsewhere.
    I have found you an argument; I am not obliged to find you an understanding.

  5. #5
    is back. FKA Robert Wray
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Fiberoptic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1978
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    1,418
    Blog Entries
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by rushnrockt
    Well, I got the stuff in my email, the one I used to talk with the original company, which I believe was Teamsharp. So either the people that sent me emails later on were somehow related or someone's stealing customers from each other. The addresses have not been the same (in Taiwan) as far as I know, so it's hard to track them. Teamsharp originally were ok with me having a friend in Taiwan coming over and paying on the spot and receiving a sample right there. May be you have your own experiences with them, because they have sent me an incorrect statement from a previous customer, with shipping charges at $1200, seemed like a decent sized shipment.
    Anyways, since I am still in college, my carpc is 4 months out and this didn't seem like a risk free investment, I just decided to put my money elsewhere.
    Without getting into a lot of detail most of this is "vaporware" as people like to call it. Product that does exist has questionable quality. We keep getting samples in but nothing looks great yet. As soon as we find something that represents our quality standards you can bet it will be on the store.

  6. #6
    _
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Little Elm, Texas
    Posts
    13,500
    wow - well that is good to know that there is some stuff going on behind the scenes to try and get something like this rolling!

    gives me that warm fuzzy feeling inside....well....kinda....lol
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

    Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

  7. #7
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    640
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiberoptic
    Without getting into a lot of detail most of this is "vaporware" as people like to call it. Product that does exist has questionable quality. We keep getting samples in but nothing looks great yet. As soon as we find something that represents our quality standards you can bet it will be on the store.
    Just wondering if you did have any experience with TeamSharp, I know some people also tried contacting them, but don't know of their results. This is their website http://www.gps-manufacturing.com/ and the pictures look like what digitalww had for a while.
    I have found you an argument; I am not obliged to find you an understanding.

  8. #8
    is back. FKA Robert Wray
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Fiberoptic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1978
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    1,418
    Blog Entries
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by rushnrockt
    Just wondering if you did have any experience with TeamSharp, I know some people also tried contacting them, but don't know of their results. This is their website http://www.gps-manufacturing.com/ and the pictures look like what digitalww had for a while.
    I donít' like to speak poorly about other companies. We are taking our time finding a good product.

Similar Threads

  1. vga in dash
    By distortion in forum LCD/Display
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-26-2004, 02:54 AM
  2. In Dash VGA Touchscreen
    By haileris in forum Newbie
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-17-2004, 04:34 PM
  3. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-14-2003, 08:25 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •