Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Where can i buy a nice power button for my dash?

  1. #1
    Newbie simple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    22

    Where can i buy a nice power button for my dash?

    does anywhere know a place online that sells misc power buttons for pc's. id like a nice power button for my dash and google has been pretty much no help

    many thanks

    - Jonathan

  2. #2
    Newbie raghavghei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Harrison,NY
    Posts
    47

    ill mmmake one for u lol

    i can make one just dat u have to pay me like$100 with shipping for it lol jp im still a new bie so i dont know but i thnk you just have to see first is how many wires connect to you powerbutton i thhink it s ussualy 2wires and then just look for a button and then buy it and connect the wire and ur done remeber im a newbie and i can be wrong lol so dont just buy yet wait for someone elses responce aight peace 1

  3. #3
    Raw Wave
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    On the beach
    Posts
    2,223
    Probably best place is CPC or Maplins .... as far as I know there are no decent power button manufacturers ... but Im sure someone will put me right!

    Like to see that there is another Northern member from the UK :-)

  4. #4
    MySQL Error Scouse Monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    9,727
    Quote Originally Posted by raghavghei
    i can make one just dat u have to pay me like$100 with shipping for it lol jp im still a new bie so i dont know but i thnk you just have to see first is how many wires connect to you powerbutton i thhink it s ussualy 2wires and then just look for a button and then buy it and connect the wire and ur done remeber im a newbie and i can be wrong lol so dont just buy yet wait for someone elses responce aight peace 1

    WTF! Why did you even bother looking for the post reply button?

    I would go to a scrappy or look on ebay for autmotive buttons if you want it to blend in. Are their any nice buttons on your dash you could possibly get another one of? You just need to make sure its not a latched button (ie a reset type) but you may be able to mod a button by replacing the switch behind with a simle and cheap red topped reset switch liek you get in maplins.

  5. #5
    Newbie raghavghei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Harrison,NY
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Monkey
    WTF! Why did you even bother looking for the post reply button?

    I would go to a scrappy or look on ebay for autmotive buttons if you want it to blend in. Are their any nice buttons on your dash you could possibly get another one of? You just need to make sure its not a latched button (ie a reset type) but you may be able to mod a button by replacing the switch behind with a simle and cheap red topped reset switch liek you get in maplins.
    sorry m8 like i said im a newbie will think before i click reply next time

  6. #6
    Admin. Linux loser.
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Bugbyte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Corning, NY
    Posts
    7,364
    Blog Entries
    2
    I've got a really nice one from frozencpu. They light up in different colors around the ring.

    Quote Originally Posted by ghettocruzer View Post
    I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
    Want to:
    -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
    -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

  7. #7
    MySQL Error Scouse Monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    9,727
    Bugbyte, yeah those buttons are cool. I saw one used for an engine start.

    Have you seen them in black by any chance though?

  8. #8
    FLAC arebelspy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Posts
    1,260
    AutoZone. They have tons of switches you flick, buttons you press, etc. I think they intend them to be used for something silly like extra lights but yu could use it to boot your PC/whatever else.

    -arebelspy
    See my trades here! My For Sale/Trade Thread. Email joe at eipse.com

    Quote Originally Posted by xdjxklusivex
    i think every thread is now a whoreing thread

  9. #9
    Newbie raghavghei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Harrison,NY
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugbyte
    I've got a really nice one from frozencpu. They light up in different colors around the ring.

    yo froze cpu got some nice stuff ty for the link

  10. #10
    Banned xdjxklusivex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Diamond Bar, CA (909,951)
    Posts
    2,742
    thas a tight *** on off button maybe ill pick that one up too lol but if u want something more baisc and **** radio**** is the best place to go lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. IBM Port Replicator Power Button Extension/Relocation
    By lebshiff21 in forum Power Supplies
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-09-2008, 08:31 PM
  2. Relocating computer power button
    By King_Xerxes in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-21-2007, 09:15 PM
  3. Power Button, Shut Down Help Please!
    By FireAnt in forum MacCar
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-02-2005, 02:25 AM
  4. Ignition and Button on/off power
    By TurboTronix in forum Power Supplies
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-25-2005, 12:02 PM
  5. DC-DC Car Power for Mac Mini
    By MikeH in forum MacCar
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 02-19-2005, 12:13 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •