Post moved. Please don't post non-FAQs in the FAQ Emporium.
ive recently bought the creative zen vision:m 30gb player and i cant get it to work on my computer, i have installed everything from the software cd and when i connect the player my computer says, mtp device will function at reduced speed . click on the ballon and it tells me i need to install a high speed usb 2.0. i have 4 usb ports on my computer and apparently non of them are high speed. they are all 2.0 ports so i was wondring
- is it the creative player thats the problem
- is it my computer
- is it my usb ports, all of which are 2.0
- how do i make them high speed ports
- if i buy a high speed usb hub, will that solve my problem?
- should i take the player back for a refund
creative zen vision:m = beautiful. if it would *****in work
There are likely drivers for your motherboard that you need to install that will enable the high-speed USB functionality. Also, Update Windoze XP should be at least SP1, and I personally recommend SP2.
Sounds like you need service pack 2. Not sure you need the whole thing, but included is alot of stuff for USB 2.0. Try that first.