is that a good or bad receiver? nmea compatible?
oh its rockwell. but what difference are the types of receivers.
is it bad to use one of those converters?
If this helps I bought it in 98' off ebay.
(I got the Pro ver.)They made two versions
1)sony skymap travler - two connectors
serial cable db-9,and power cable plug
db-6 like the new style mouse's and keyboards use. GPS Signal Format(Rockwell)
2)sony skymap pro - pcmcia card with a GPS Signal Format (etak/nmea switch)
The remote allows you to:
• Zoom In and Zoom Out
• Pan any direction on the screen
• Center your vessel on the screen
• Switch between North and Course up orientation
• Right mouse click and select a menu item
• Access and navigate through the MarineMap menus
• Select menu items
is the pcmcia unit a good one to use and can it be used with newer software?
I can get a hold of the pcmcia one