Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: GPS software displaying approaching street

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5

    GPS software displaying approaching street

    Hey all,
    I am a user of iguidance 4.0. I find the program relatively easy to use and navigate but the interface is substandard to Garmin. One feature I found very nice on my Garmin Nuvi is that in regular driving mode (not routing anywhere), the approaching cross-street would be displayed on the top bar of the screen. I notice that iguidance displays the street you are currently on (not too helpful since you know you turned onto that street), but does NOTHING to highlight the upcoming street like Garmin does.

    I am looking for carpc GPS software that can display the approaching street like a Garmin. (I am currently using roadrunner as my frontend but will gladly change over to one that supports a gps software using this desired feature).

    Any thoughts?

    HS

  2. #2
    Maximum Bitrate fixerofallthing's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Lawrenceville GA
    Posts
    769
    Quote Originally Posted by hsetty View Post
    Hey all,
    I am a user of iguidance 4.0. I find the program relatively easy to use and navigate but the interface is substandard to Garmin. One feature I found very nice on my Garmin Nuvi is that in regular driving mode (not routing anywhere), the approaching cross-street would be displayed on the top bar of the screen. I notice that iguidance displays the street you are currently on (not too helpful since you know you turned onto that street), but does NOTHING to highlight the upcoming street like Garmin does.

    I am looking for carpc GPS software that can display the approaching street like a Garmin. (I am currently using roadrunner as my frontend but will gladly change over to one that supports a gps software using this desired feature).

    Any thoughts?

    HS
    Garmin Mobile PC does that. It is setup in several skins to work as well as iGuidance too. I use both.
    The Car 2005 Scion xB

    The Truck 2004 GMC Canyon

  3. #3
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by fixerofallthing View Post
    Garmin Mobile PC does that. It is setup in several skins to work as well as iGuidance too. I use both.
    Can you direct me to some of these roadrunner skins? For $60 I am interested in installing a Garmin product to interface with my carpC. thanks.

    HS

  4. #4
    Maximum Bitrate fixerofallthing's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Lawrenceville GA
    Posts
    769
    Quote Originally Posted by hsetty View Post
    Can you direct me to some of these roadrunner skins? For $60 I am interested in installing a Garmin product to interface with my carpC. thanks.

    HS
    The 2 below do it "out of the box" but any skin can use GMPC with some simple editing.

    The GMPC OSK is the key to make it work correctly because it does not come with an on screen keyboard. You can read about it here.
    DigitalFX 4.0
    Carwings Transparent
    The Car 2005 Scion xB

    The Truck 2004 GMC Canyon

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-09-2010, 09:16 PM
  2. My take on Street Deck.
    By pcmofo in forum StreetDeck
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-15-2007, 01:35 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-04-2006, 12:20 AM
  4. comparison of GPS Software
    By gunsandrosses in forum Newbie
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-28-2006, 09:56 PM
  5. Best GPS software for carputer?
    By dazuck in forum GPS
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-10-2005, 09:52 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •