Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 320

Thread: GPSTracker on home server

  1. #121
    Maximum Bitrate boelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Odense, Denmark
    Posts
    685
    i'm going to use this one anyway, nothing beats it

    but still i would love to have an option for using a server at my hosting company... my pc could crash and then all data is lost

    but then when upload of photos is possible then i will quickly run out of space, i can upgrade my account but only up to a limit that i have forgotten

    my idea are still to offer some kind of webservice for others, only need for someone to code the php or learn myself doing that. but for a webservice there has to be a limit (setable) for how much data is stored for each user.. one thought is the photo's, they need to be at around 10*15 cm and sharp.. but how much can you compress them without loosing to much info? they have to be able to be used as proff. the sql data do not take that much space it the photo's that concerns me

    i have still not heard from webmaster but still his app did not offer the same as this plugin..

  2. #122
    Newbie technostar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    29
    i'm trying this app to work on my car pc but i'm getting the error message below... any idea how to fix this?

    9/7/2009 3:30:43 PM:Warning: Error caught while resending data :System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException: SQLite error
    no such column: transfered
    at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Prepare(SQLiteConnectio n cnn, String strSql, SQLiteStatement previous, UInt32 timeoutMS, String& strRemain)
    at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.BuildNextCommand( )
    at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.GetStatement(Int3 2 index)
    at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.NextResult()
    at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader..ctor(SQLiteCo mmand cmd, CommandBehavior behave)
    at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteReader(Com mandBehavior behavior)
    at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteReader()
    at WindowsApplication1.DatabaseProcessor.resendData(S tring filename, String user)
    ...\...

    broom-broom-pc
    m-atx:amd2600xp:512mb:40gb:m2-atx:roadrunner:lsxvoid

  3. #123
    Maximum Bitrate
    Auto Apps:loading...
    lambosprit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    786
    Quote Originally Posted by technostar View Post
    i'm trying this app to work on my car pc but i'm getting the error message below... any idea how to fix this?

    9/7/2009 3:30:43 PM:Warning: Error caught while resending data :System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException: SQLite error
    no such column: transfered
    at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Prepare(SQLiteConnectio n cnn, String strSql, SQLiteStatement previous, UInt32 timeoutMS, String& strRemain)
    at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.BuildNextCommand( )
    at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.GetStatement(Int3 2 index)
    at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.NextResult()
    at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader..ctor(SQLiteCo mmand cmd, CommandBehavior behave)
    at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteReader(Com mandBehavior behavior)
    at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteReader()
    at WindowsApplication1.DatabaseProcessor.resendData(S tring filename, String user)
    my guess would be you've installed both the client and server on the same machine and same directory. The definition of the database tables is different even though the database file names are the same. Just uninstall and install the client first in one directory then the install again but this time the server in a different directory.

    I presume your doing this for testing as the server should be on your home pc and the client on your car pc.

  4. #124
    Newbie technostar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    29
    lambo... thanks for the response, and that's exactly what i did earlier, i have installed server and client on one folder... i uninstalled it and did exactly what you told me and it's working fine now... once again, thanks for the great app....
    ...\...

    broom-broom-pc
    m-atx:amd2600xp:512mb:40gb:m2-atx:roadrunner:lsxvoid

  5. #125
    Maximum Bitrate
    Auto Apps:loading...
    lambosprit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    786
    Version 3 comming v soon. Its now a service based server. Just doing some final testing.

  6. #126
    Newbie technostar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    29
    that's awesome lambosprit... one more thing... i noticed that i get a .net error once in awhile and I don't know if the xport splitter is having an issue or what not... i just want to what is the best port splitter out there that you recommend for this app?
    ...\...

    broom-broom-pc
    m-atx:amd2600xp:512mb:40gb:m2-atx:roadrunner:lsxvoid

  7. #127
    Maximum Bitrate
    Auto Apps:loading...
    lambosprit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    786
    Quote Originally Posted by technostar View Post
    that's awesome lambosprit... one more thing... i noticed that i get a .net error once in awhile and I don't know if the xport splitter is having an issue or what not... i just want to what is the best port splitter out there that you recommend for this app?
    I use xport and dont have a problem. Whats the error message?

  8. #128
    Maximum Bitrate boelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Odense, Denmark
    Posts
    685
    will v3 support upload of photos? and can it take more than one source.. ie taking photos from inside the car and the rear bumber cam? why this.. 1. to prove that thives where in the car... 2. extra proof of what route they took

    3 cam sources should be enough for most situations

  9. #129
    Maximum Bitrate
    Auto Apps:loading...
    lambosprit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    786
    Quote Originally Posted by boelle View Post
    will v3 support upload of photos? and can it take more than one source.. ie taking photos from inside the car and the rear bumber cam? why this.. 1. to prove that thives where in the car... 2. extra proof of what route they took

    3 cam sources should be enough for most situations
    the answer is probably. Photo's will come if not in this version then the next but Tracker wont be able to take them. It will only be able to transfer them. The way it will work is some other program will create the picture in a set location. Tracker will check that location and send 1 picture to the server.It will then delete that picture.

    So it is camera source independant BUT you will need software to create the photo's.

  10. #130
    Maximum Bitrate boelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Odense, Denmark
    Posts
    685
    Quote Originally Posted by lambosprit View Post
    The way it will work is some other program will create the picture in a set location. Tracker will check that location and send 1 picture to the server.It will then delete that picture.
    could it be done so that it transfers all pictures in that location and then delete them? in case i set it up so that 3 pictures are taken, one pic from each source... or will the client basicly transfer pictures but one at a time?

Similar Threads

  1. it works.. auto syncing when you arrive home
    By collegeboyslive in forum General MP3Car Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-29-2007, 07:36 PM
  2. Home
    By stasik-a4 in forum Map Monkey
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-01-2007, 01:55 AM
  3. Image server
    By qwertylol in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-10-2007, 04:02 AM
  4. MS Server 2003 help
    By nappyjim in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-25-2006, 05:22 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-08-2005, 04:01 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •