exact same problem here as of last week. windows update must have changed something.....
I have been using xport for 2-3 years, and check regulary to download updates. Today I got in the car and had no GPS connection. Xport shows 3d fix and several sattelites, but does not seem to be passing info to the virtual ports.
I set both of the apps that use GPS to the actual com port 4, and they had no problem picking up GPS individually. But when I start xport and find com 4 for actual GPS, neither of the apps can find the virtual GPS.
I am using Inav and RideRunner They run on virtual ports 6 and 7 respectively.
I recently installed the latest version of Dashcommand, but other than regular xp and RR updates, I have changed anything obvious.
Any ideas where to troubleshoot.
Happened to me too, but I don't allow updates on my system. It also happened a while back, maybe a year ago.
What worked both times was to "reinstall" xport. Since it doesn't have an installer, I put it in a folder under Program Files. To "reinstall" it I just renamed the folder, created a new one with the correct name for my shortcuts, then put a fresh copy of the files in the folder.
You could try to just copy the files from the zip file on top of the existing files. In my cases I was also moving to a new version so I just created a new folder.
Zotac N630I-D-E M/B w/ Nvidia 7100, E5300 cpu, Xenarc 700IDT, M2-ATX, XP, RR & DFX 5.1.
That was it. Thanks for the fast replies and solution.
i have the exact same problem after the bsod caused by xport.
i think i'll try the same solution you guys have posted.
Actually that was not it for me. I removed the Xport folder from Program files, rebooted the computer. Made a completely new folder with a different name, unzipped Xport and put the .exe in the new folder. It worked for about 30 seconds and then both Inav and RR lost gps lock to never return again.
Same here, my garmin refuses to connect to an virtual port ! xport is working fine with the sattelite fixing and all that !
From my pc and notebook though, the 2 updates according to the nearest dates should be KB961503 & KB981793 but from the details of the updates, I can't see how they can be related but who knows... **** happens. Perhaps one of us with access to the car pc now may want to try uninstalling any updates near to the date XPort broke. Add/remove program will show the install date.