Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Routis 2004 software

  1. #1
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    82

    Routis 2004 software

    I currently run the routis 2004 on my laptop carputer. My GPS is a radioshack serial gps. Does anyone who runs routis have problems with heading? When I come to a stop or move very slow the Routis doesn't know my direction and the map starts jumping around, it doesn't stop until I start moving again then the heading will be heads-up again. Thanks all

  2. #2
    Banned NightHunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    417
    Quote Originally Posted by greddy0
    I currently run the routis 2004 on my laptop carputer. My GPS is a radioshack serial gps. Does anyone who runs routis have problems with heading? When I come to a stop or move very slow the Routis doesn't know my direction and the map starts jumping around, it doesn't stop until I start moving again then the heading will be heads-up again. Thanks all
    never had this problem before..?

  3. #3
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Seattle, WA, USA
    Posts
    173
    I have not seen that either.

    I have seen Routis be confused when you drive around down town, and you can see much of the open sky because of very tall buildings all around you (it canít see the satellites).
    It does spin around when it gets partial locks from building echoes or whatever is going on. Happens rarely though.

  4. #4
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Basingstoke, Hants
    Posts
    197
    Quote Originally Posted by greddy0
    I currently run the routis 2004 on my laptop carputer. My GPS is a radioshack serial gps. Does anyone who runs routis have problems with heading? When I come to a stop or move very slow the Routis doesn't know my direction and the map starts jumping around, it doesn't stop until I start moving again then the heading will be heads-up again. Thanks all
    Heading is calculated using trigonometry from the previous lat-long. GPS positions can be out by up to 10 metres. So even with the vehicle stationary it could jump 10metres in a second. Next second it gets another position and again recalculates heading. Once you're moving all of the positions are at least going the same direction!

    Hope that helps!!

  5. #5
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    82

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Falken
    Heading is calculated using trigonometry from the previous lat-long. GPS positions can be out by up to 10 metres. So even with the vehicle stationary it could jump 10metres in a second. Next second it gets another position and again recalculates heading. Once you're moving all of the positions are at least going the same direction!

    Hope that helps!!
    Thanks all. What happens is that when I come to a stop sometimes, the map doesn't know my heading, then it start to rotate around my current position. Once I start moving again it tracks back to heads-up position.

  6. #6
    Calm
    Down
    Or
    Get
    A
    2
    Week
    Vacation
    -Love
    The
    Forum
    Policeman
    Wiredwrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    3,605
    Quote Originally Posted by greddy0
    Thanks all. What happens is that when I come to a stop sometimes, the map doesn't know my heading, then it start to rotate around my current position. Once I start moving again it tracks back to heads-up position.

    Happens to me also.

    I am gonna try using Routis with my Magellan, and see if it is better.

    Will try and let you know if it is the GPS reciever, or something else.

    Michael

Similar Threads

  1. FS: Touchpad mouse, Microsoft Streets & Trips, Routis 2004
    By srcstc in forum Classified Archive
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-04-2004, 05:19 PM
  2. FS:GPS software Routis 2004
    By playyas4u in forum Classified Archive
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-10-2004, 08:53 PM
  3. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 03-06-2004, 05:59 PM
  4. Deluo routis 2004 Screen Shots
    By angeLCD in forum GPS
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-13-2004, 09:44 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •