Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Rayming TN-200

  1. #1
    Low Bitrate shadowpuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    65

    Rayming TN-200

    Just curious if this is normal for GPS or if there's a setting or hack I need to apply.

    I just installed a Rayming TN-200 mouse and I'm using Mappoint 2004 with it. Just sitting here in my living room, the unit is tracking perfectly but the altitude is fluctuating quite a bit. I'm not really interested in altitude, just curious if that's normal for these things....

    This item is the first step in my carputer project - I'll keep everyone updated!

  2. #2
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Basingstoke, Hants
    Posts
    197
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowpuck
    Just curious if this is normal for GPS or if there's a setting or hack I need to apply.

    I just installed a Rayming TN-200 mouse and I'm using Mappoint 2004 with it. Just sitting here in my living room, the unit is tracking perfectly but the altitude is fluctuating quite a bit. I'm not really interested in altitude, just curious if that's normal for these things....

    This item is the first step in my carputer project - I'll keep everyone updated!
    It's all about mathematics. You're probably only getting 2 or 3 satellites tracked which will be enough for the GPS to calculate lat/long but not altitude. You'll need at least 4 satellites for that.

  3. #3
    Low Bitrate shadowpuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    65

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Falken
    It's all about mathematics. You're probably only getting 2 or 3 satellites tracked which will be enough for the GPS to calculate lat/long but not altitude. You'll need at least 4 satellites for that.
    Interesting - thanks for the info....

    I wonder if there's some way to see the status of the receiver...I suspect there is somewhere.....

  4. #4
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Basingstoke, Hants
    Posts
    197
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowpuck
    Interesting - thanks for the info....

    I wonder if there's some way to see the status of the receiver...I suspect there is somewhere.....
    Sure, There's a number of them available. Try this one.

    Doug

  5. #5
    Low Bitrate shadowpuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    65

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Falken
    Sure, There's a number of them available. Try this one.

    Doug
    That did the trick - as you stated, I wasn't seeing the third satellite. I moved the receiver around and noted different results....

    Thanks again for the info!

Similar Threads

  1. Conference in Nashville, TN & Latest news on my setup...
    By tejohnson in forum General MP3Car Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-11-2004, 09:49 AM
  2. What do I need for 200 Watts
    By HomeSpecial in forum Power Supplies
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-10-2003, 11:15 PM
  3. 200 nit lcd in direct sunlight. (picture)
    By Arby in forum LCD/Display
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-03-2002, 09:47 AM
  4. FS: PIII SBC and 200 watt AT PSU
    By Scrapez in forum Classified Archive
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-26-2002, 03:30 AM
  5. Wanted: AMD 1 ghz Socket A 200 fsb
    By mp3pc in forum General MP3Car Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-17-2001, 09:33 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •