Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 66

Thread: Attention Newbies! Everything (almost) you want to know about GPS (Part 1)

  1. #51
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Westminster, MD
    Posts
    73
    I know this is goning to sound stupid, but is there any of these software packages that will actually tell you to Turn now, I am currently trying MS STreets and trips, adn it warns me about 1/4 of a mile in advance but then nothing else... I would like maybe a 100M warning or something
    '95 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    CarPuter [Under Development]

  2. #52
    It ain't easy being a green moderator meddler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Steps out the front of Henson's workshop or Sydney
    Posts
    2,781
    Any turn by turn nav program should give you a turn now indication. I know destinator does. Maybe there is a setting that needs to be changed.
    Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

  3. #53
    Constant Bitrate jwlionking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Saxton, PA - Central/Western PA
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by meddler View Post
    Any turn by turn nav program should give you a turn now indication. I know destinator does. Maybe there is a setting that needs to be changed.
    Iguidance will zoom to your turn and have an audio confirmation. It also gives you an arrow that once you cross it, it bleeps to symbolize to turn NOW...
    DigitalFX4.0 Skin by JohnWPB

    Road Runner RR's Myspace

    My Ride - Car Domain Page -JWLionKing's MySpace Page

    Project 98% Complete -FREE DOMAIN & WEBSPACE / FILE HOST FOR DEVELOPERS - PM ME

  4. #54
    Maximum Bitrate Sidewalksalvage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NJ/RI
    Posts
    826
    im using iguidance and i think you can set the distance at which you are told to turn....

    It works great for me
    Brown 2010

  5. #55
    _
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Little Elm, Texas
    Posts
    13,500
    FYI - I have added some of this information to the FAQ in the navbar up at the top of the forums.

    Thanks everyone for contributing information!
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

    Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

  6. #56
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9
    Thanks all info. That's great

  7. #57
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    3
    Due to the release of the much improved S&T 2009 i think an update is about due. Ive been using S&T on my laptop since its incepcion and have seen leaps and bounds improvement for in car use, like auto gps locate, big buttons and a host of other neet things i could only dream of in previous applications. I use S&T's because i use push pin data very extencively and it allows me to keep my map sync'd and updated daily.

    Just a thought...

  8. #58
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by SneekyPete View Post
    Due to the release of the much improved S&T 2009 i think an update is about due. Ive been using S&T on my laptop since its incepcion and have seen leaps and bounds improvement for in car use, like auto gps locate, big buttons and a host of other neet things i could only dream of in previous applications. I use S&T's because i use push pin data very extencively and it allows me to keep my map sync'd and updated daily.

    Just a thought...
    Yes, Streets and Trips 2009 does need an updated review.

    Pros - It now has voice turn by turn intigrated along with night views (which I have seen since 2007). Also, it now starts the GPS automatically on program startup and has one of the better POI databases.

    Cons - Still not very TS friendly, no 3D map view

    I used to use Streets and Trips 2009 but once I switched my carputer over to IGuidance, I never looked back.

  9. #59
    FLAC Marvin Hlavac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    .... . .-. .
    Posts
    1,015
    I'm not sure what you mean by "no 3D map view". Version 2009 does have 3D (Navigation view). Even 2008 had it, but 2009 improved it a bit. More in the Streets and Trips 2009 review.

  10. #60
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin Hlavac View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by "no 3D map view". Version 2009 does have 3D (Navigation view). Even 2008 had it, but 2009 improved it a bit. More in the Streets and Trips 2009 review.
    Humm... I see it in the review, but I just popped open my 2009 and couldn't get it to turn on. Is this only if I am using the GPS and navigate directions? I'm in the office so I couldn't test that but in the review they show the "Road Map" View and I have that set but do not see a 3d option anywhere. Quick help did not provide any info on this either.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. PPC Car GPS and MP3 mini How To
    By hotrod_nut in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-25-2008, 01:24 PM
  2. My GPS scenario & Bluetooth quest.
    By gizak in forum GPS
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-12-2005, 12:11 PM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-26-2005, 10:29 AM
  4. GPS dont work with adv Gps setting
    By leckan in forum Map Monkey
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-06-2005, 11:51 AM
  5. few gps questions
    By fuctup in forum GPS
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-02-2005, 01:40 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •