Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: how is iguidance compared to other gps software?

  1. #1
    Constant Bitrate emdzey01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    san fernando valley
    Posts
    197

    how is iguidance compared to other gps software?

    can anyone so far compare iguidance with other gps programs like destinator, street atlas, etc?

    i'm considering the cost, ease of use, and readability on the 7" touchscreen.
    iguidance, as i see it, might be the cheapest way to get yourself gps. true or untrue? if true, any tradeoffs between other programs? if not, then what's the cheapest way then?

    another consideration would be the front end that i'm using. how is iguidance to centrafuse? how about other programs? how does centrafuse handle embedding/integrating the programs? what's the best software to integrate with centrafuse?

    any help would be appreciated.

  2. #2
    Neither darque nor pervert DarquePervert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Posts
    13,950
    Quote Originally Posted by emdzey01
    can anyone so far compare iguidance with other gps programs like destinator, street atlas, etc?

    i'm considering the cost, ease of use, and readability on the 7" touchscreen.
    iguidance, as i see it, might be the cheapest way to get yourself gps. true or untrue? if true, any tradeoffs between other programs? if not, then what's the cheapest way then?

    another consideration would be the front end that i'm using. how is iguidance to centrafuse? how about other programs? how does centrafuse handle embedding/integrating the programs? what's the best software to integrate with centrafuse?
    Jesus H Christ on a bloody pogo stick...
    Do you just ask questions, or do you actually read the posts in the forums?

    This really needs to be made a sticky: Attention Newbies! Everything (almost) you want to know about GPS (Part 1)
    I wholly understand if it was missed because it's not at the top of the thread list. It really needs to be.

    Also, I highly recommend you get off the idea of going the cheapest route for everything. We're all on a budget of some sort, but cheap isn't always better. That applies doubly in the computer world and triply when putting a computer in an environment where it wasn't designed to go.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?



    Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

  3. #3
    FLAC J187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,237
    Quote Originally Posted by DarquePervert
    Jesus H Christ on a bloody pogo stick...
    Do you just ask questions, or do you actually read the posts in the forums?

    This really needs to be made a sticky: Attention Newbies! Everything (almost) you want to know about GPS (Part 1)
    I wholly understand if it was missed because it's not at the top of the thread list. It really needs to be.

    Also, I highly recommend you get off the idea of going the cheapest route for everything. We're all on a budget of some sort, but cheap isn't always better. That applies doubly in the computer world and triply when putting a computer in an environment where it wasn't designed to go.
    Actually DP, wasn't it at the top of the list? I bumped it last night and requested stickiness. It was at least in the top few posts . . .

    BTW, JC on bloody pogo stick?
    Its not the cards you're dealt, its how you play the hand!

    Quote Originally Posted by ryuandwings View Post
    Where can I get a roll of tin foil?
    I been looking for that all over the net, but I can't find it.
    Please help.

  4. #4
    Neither darque nor pervert DarquePervert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Posts
    13,950
    Quote Originally Posted by J187
    Actually DP, wasn't it at the top of the list? I bumped it last night and requested stickiness. It was at least in the top few posts . . .

    BTW, JC on bloody pogo stick?
    I just looked and it wasn't a sticky as of the time I posted.
    Is that you watching the cam?
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?



    Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Similar Threads

  1. Best gps software for me ???
    By AUskier in forum GPS
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-04-2005, 01:10 PM
  2. Best GPS software?
    By Shortman in forum GPS
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-24-2005, 08:55 PM
  3. Wtb: Gps Software And Gps Mouse!!!!
    By HitmanZ in forum Classified Archive
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-03-2004, 10:56 PM
  4. Free or Trial version of GPS software
    By Hitman in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-12-2004, 12:02 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-23-2004, 03:22 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •