Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 62

Thread: SDAL GPS Map Access Navtech Open Standard Thred

  1. #21
    The Vauxhall Vectra Project ccsnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Morecambe, Lancs, UK ( Just For The Moment )
    Posts
    2,680
    Quote Originally Posted by rainman
    I was looking into using the SDAL format about a year ago. I registered with their web site and a guy from america called me asking how I wanted to use the data. I told him it would be a something I was looking to do for myself. He told me thay have a SDK for the format but would have to subscribe think he said it was something like I would need to pay 20k. I did have a look at the specification document but it just looked to complicated so I give up. I have been looking at another format that pioneer use for their navigateion system.

    http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn...208296,00.html

    They use Tele atlas data and looking at their web siie it look quite interesting.

    http://www.na.teleatlas.com/products/formats.html#gdf
    If they have an SDK I sure that make life easy buy 20k !..... Might be worth checking to see if there is any price change... may be even some kind of deal ?

    Terran

  2. #22
    Variable Bitrate rickster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    298
    Quote Originally Posted by rainman
    I was looking into using the SDAL format about a year ago. I registered with their web site and a guy from america called me asking how I wanted to use the data. I told him it would be a something I was looking to do for myself. He told me thay have a SDK for the format but would have to subscribe think he said it was something like I would need to pay 20k. I did have a look at the specification document but it just looked to complicated so I give up. I have been looking at another format that pioneer use for their navigateion system.

    http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn...208296,00.html

    They use Tele atlas data and looking at their web siie it look quite interesting.

    http://www.na.teleatlas.com/products/formats.html#gdf
    Pioneer use both map providers for different products. If you look at navteq website and select upgrade your maps, pioneer is listed in there with a model number of a product.

    20k is a lot of money. Is that $ or . I mean, even if half of the members on this board donated some money, we will hit the target but how likely is that gonna happen
    "A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking."

  3. #23
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    7
    Not sure if it was $ or or if 20k was the exact figure but was too expensive for me to pay. They did say it included training on the tools but as soon as they said the price I stoped listening.

    Had another look at the NAVTEQ and did find some info on development tools.

    http://www.navteq.com/support/tools.html

    Not sure what the BREW or Netel developer program is but registered.

  4. #24
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    311
    Quote Originally Posted by rainman
    Not sure what the BREW or Netel developer program is but registered.
    BREW is a weird secure Java used on some cell phones. Nextel is an American cell-phone provider that likes to use their own chunky phones with proprietary software. Laptop/carputer GPS seems to be ignored lately in favor of more mobile solutions

  5. #25
    Variable Bitrate rickster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    298
    Yeah, I registered about a week ago but no-one has contacted me.

    On a side note, Alturion have responded to my emails and have basically said to stop emailing them. Nice eh!
    "A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking."

  6. #26
    The Vauxhall Vectra Project ccsnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Morecambe, Lancs, UK ( Just For The Moment )
    Posts
    2,680
    Quote Originally Posted by rickster
    Yeah, I registered about a week ago but no-one has contacted me.

    On a side note, Alturion have responded to my emails and have basically said to stop emailing them. Nice eh!
    Well they have gone one better than Destinator then... instead of just ignoring you they tell you to bog off.... I love modern day CS its soooooo friendly.

    Terran

  7. #27
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    7
    Just received my password the the BREW development area. Looks quite interesting. I have pasted below what is available for download.. I will have to have a look in more detail tonight when i get home from work.

    AML Download
    ARC 7.0 (Avenue)
    ARC GIS 8.X
    C
    C Interface
    C++
    Data Server Suite PL/SQL
    Data Server Suite SQL
    Java Interface
    Map Basic Tools
    Map Extreme
    Map Object Tools
    PL/SQL
    Visual Basic

  8. #28
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by rickster
    Yeah, I registered about a week ago but no-one has contacted me.

    On a side note, Alturion have responded to my emails and have basically said to stop emailing them. Nice eh!
    That's great salesmanship.

  9. #29
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    7
    Not much luck with the development area. Was just allowing me to download data not sure why they mention the development launguages. I have had another look and found GeoBase which has a SDK for the NAVTEQ data. Not sure if this is the sdal format but does allow you to view the maps. http://technology4gis.com/content/category/6/90/64/ not looked what the sdk can do yet but they also have a .net referance library. http://geobase.telogis.com/help/index.html

    Will have a look into this and let you know how i got on.

  10. #30
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by rainman
    Not much luck with the development area. Was just allowing me to download data not sure why they mention the development launguages. I have had another look and found GeoBase which has a SDK for the NAVTEQ data. Not sure if this is the sdal format but does allow you to view the maps. http://technology4gis.com/content/category/6/90/64/ not looked what the sdk can do yet but they also have a .net referance library. http://geobase.telogis.com/help/index.html

    Will have a look into this and let you know how i got on.
    I have contacted them before. They also do not respond to emails.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 91
    Last Post: 11-07-2006, 05:47 PM
  2. Getting Started with GPS
    By grepzen in forum The FAQ Emporium
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-26-2006, 06:54 AM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-01-2005, 02:44 PM
  4. How do I setup my GPS Application ?
    By guino in forum RR FAQ
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-20-2005, 03:17 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-08-2004, 02:14 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •