Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 33

Thread: whats the best program to use?

  1. #11
    FLAC arebelspy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Posts
    1,260
    Quote Originally Posted by chewEboy
    and you can suck my cock harry potter...... that is if you have finished talking like stuck up know it all
    ban this n00b

    -arebelspy
    See my trades here! My For Sale/Trade Thread. Email joe at eipse.com

    Quote Originally Posted by xdjxklusivex
    i think every thread is now a whoreing thread

  2. #12
    Raw Wave RoyN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Posts
    3,534
    ban this idiot... or leave him here until he posts about his car going up in flame... such an ignorant idiot i'd like to see what he does!

    doesnt know anything... cant even search a gps forum to find out what the best softwar is, you are obviously an idiot...

    seriously: if this is a GPS forum, you say "cant you even ask a GPS question" , and I tell you: "this is a GPS forum, if you know that, and you cant realize that your question is ******* basic, and you dont reazlie any simple search should give you the answer then you should commit suicide and relieve the world from 1 prick..." consider it 'doing your part' for improving the world!
    Roy

    2005 Range Rover 4.4
    Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

  3. #13
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4
    Afraid being a fellow brit I have to agree with Cheweboy here ladies!!
    You americans are such w@nkers when it comes to forums, visit a UK based forum and you will actually get help and a friendly welcome not just get told to go search - anyone can figure that out, thats why they ask.

    What d'you reckon??

  4. #14
    Variable Bitrate StrataG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by coopy
    Afraid being a fellow brit I have to agree with Cheweboy here ladies!!
    You americans are such w@nkers when it comes to forums, visit a UK based forum and you will actually get help and a friendly welcome not just get told to go search - anyone can figure that out, thats why they ask.

    What d'you reckon??
    You know what's funny maam (or maams in case your multiple personalities need to be addressed seperately)? The biggest post whore on here who is quickest to call someone a noob and tell them to search is from the UK. It is quite obvious that you created a new handle to post that. I have seen you offer no one any help. I have seen you demand immediate gratification which shows a pattern in your personality.

    You asked a generalized question, you got a generalized answer. I then told you to search out why that is the general perception here, because I had no idea what your needs were for GPS. If someone tells you to search, it is because someone here has obviously taken the time to answer the question, if not dozens of times. Without knowing your needs in a software product, the only option is to spend 30 minutes detailing every aspect of every program, or tell you to search.

    The whole point of forums is as an informational resource. That does not mean that anyone is obligated to spoon-feed you. Spend a few minutes (or hours with your obviously limited intellect) thinking of a more specific question and you will likely get a more specific answer. Your basic question was answered, so call us wankers if it makes you feel better, but it is obvious the general perception is quite the opposite.

  5. #15
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4
    quite funny to see your response as you have me wrong. I am actually a pure onlooker who regularly uses the site to find info. I am just passing comment on what I see I have no idea who cheweboy is or was - he could be a complete @rse. Just passing general comment on how you guys from the US (either nationals or just resident) come across full of attitude - a generalisation I know but I do have day to day dealings with your fellow citizens and they too seem the same way inclined. You would rather tell someone to go find out themselves (as you probably did) than share the knowledge, seems like a game of one-up-manship and you always have to be one-up.

    I know this is the wrong place for airing my thoughts on world peace but thought it might be useful for you guys to see how outsiders see the planet of USA.

    Cheers!

  6. #16
    Variable Bitrate StrataG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    425
    Sorry for assuming, but I saw the Oct. join date and one post and figured cheweboy got banned. I also saw the ladies comment and figured it was the same attitude coming across from chewe. Maybe it's just a UK thing. You may have ignored my comment about the worst offender of your problems being from the UK himself.

    I guess people are told to search for no reason. Obviously we Americans never answer any questions or help anyone. Obviously we are sending people on a fruit-less search because we never answer anyone's questions, so there really are no answers to be found. I understand the general perception of Americans is that we are a bit hard edged. That may be the case, but it is because those who want to succeed here learn that you need to be motivated and self-sufficient to realize that dream.

    I help people out quite a bit, you can see most of my posts are in response to newbie's questions. I can only answer what is asked though. If he had replied with well ok, here are my goals, which would you suggest based on those? I would have probably replied with an informed opinion. Instead he gave attitude and thus got no answers and plenty of attitude back. I do say to search because I, nor anyone else, can really cover every aspect that has already been addressed. I try to give people enough information to make intelligent searches. I did not even assume he was from America (as we arrogant Americans apparently do ) and suggested products based on location. From there he knew two software products which he could have easily found details about.

    My biggest problem when jumping into this hobby was learning what products were available. Once I knew what they were, I took the initiative to find out more about them. I feel that is usually the case, unless people are just too lazy and want to be spoon-fed. Spoon-feeding ample amounts of previously spood-fed information is not something I will do however.

  7. #17
    Constant Bitrate chewEboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by coopy
    quite funny to see your response as you have me wrong. I am actually a pure onlooker who regularly uses the site to find info. I am just passing comment on what I see I have no idea who cheweboy is or was - he could be a complete @rse. Just passing general comment on how you guys from the US (either nationals or just resident) come across full of attitude - a generalisation I know but I do have day to day dealings with your fellow citizens and they too seem the same way inclined. You would rather tell someone to go find out themselves (as you probably did) than share the knowledge, seems like a game of one-up-manship and you always have to be one-up.

    I know this is the wrong place for airing my thoughts on world peace but thought it might be useful for you guys to see how outsiders see the planet of USA.

    Cheers!
    hear, hear!!

    I agree.... I use loads of uk forums.... mostly for problems with my car or with my PC

    and there all happy to help and recormend what they would do.... and so on

  8. #18
    Constant Bitrate chewEboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by StrataG
    Sorry for assuming, but I saw the Oct. join date and one post and figured cheweboy got banned. I also saw the ladies comment and figured it was the same attitude coming across from chewe. Maybe it's just a UK thing. You may have ignored my comment about the worst offender of your problems being from the UK himself.

    I guess people are told to search for no reason. Obviously we Americans never answer any questions or help anyone. Obviously we are sending people on a fruit-less search because we never answer anyone's questions, so there really are no answers to be found. I understand the general perception of Americans is that we are a bit hard edged. That may be the case, but it is because those who want to succeed here learn that you need to be motivated and self-sufficient to realize that dream.

    I help people out quite a bit, you can see most of my posts are in response to newbie's questions. I can only answer what is asked though. If he had replied with well ok, here are my goals, which would you suggest based on those? I would have probably replied with an informed opinion. Instead he gave attitude and thus got no answers and plenty of attitude back. I do say to search because I, nor anyone else, can really cover every aspect that has already been addressed. I try to give people enough information to make intelligent searches. I did not even assume he was from America (as we arrogant Americans apparently do ) and suggested products based on location. From there he knew two software products which he could have easily found details about.

    My biggest problem when jumping into this hobby was learning what products were available. Once I knew what they were, I took the initiative to find out more about them. I feel that is usually the case, unless people are just too lazy and want to be spoon-fed. Spoon-feeding ample amounts of previously spood-fed information is not something I will do however.

    if you actualy saw my car mate or looked in the fabrication forum you would see im FAR from lazy

    I spent a lot of time and energy in researching stuff... ive done a lot of hard work modding my car and now trying to make this in car PC

    ive fabricated the center consoul, built the PC, researched into what front end to use (with some FRIENDLY help from that forum)

    but now im stuck at the GPS, I have a bluetooth GPS reciver... ive now even downloaded designator program and it keeps wanting to install to my PDA

    I assume its PDA only??? but Ill never find out because appently I dont search enough?

  9. #19
    Variable Bitrate StrataG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by chewEboy
    I assume its PDA only??? but Ill never find out because appently I dont search enough?
    Apparently because as numerous people have suggested, there is a faq's section.

    Destinator 3 FAQ

  10. #20
    Neither darque nor pervert DarquePervert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Posts
    13,950
    Quote Originally Posted by chewEboy
    I spent a lot of time and energy in researching stuff...
    I don't believe you.

    I assume its PDA only??? but Ill never find out because appently I dont search enough?
    And you confirm my belief.
    Anctually it's because you're not searching effectively, but that's your problem. Harry Potter is insulted and will offer you no help, but will point out your shortcomings, flaws and errors.

    And if you want a UK form because they're going to be more warm and fuzzy, go seek your information at DigitalCar.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?



    Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. AC97 Control Panel Switcher Program (could be useful for many)
    By Vinister in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-02-2005, 04:50 PM
  2. Can this program be made for MediaCar?
    By carpcnoobie in forum MediaCar
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-01-2004, 03:20 PM
  3. Looking for a program.
    By Mikesz in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-23-2002, 07:09 AM
  4. Running a program inside a program
    By CaffeineAddict in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-16-2002, 04:26 AM
  5. charchter lcd program?
    By Jaymz in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-15-2001, 08:32 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •