A lot of people around here like iGuidance.
Im about a quater of the way though getting my in car PC set up
wanna know whats the best program I can use for GPS
(im also using "roadrunner")
I already have a bluetooth reciver from my PDA (also have a CF card GPS reciver aswell)
The general perception around here is iGuidance is best for the US. Destinator is best for Europe. You do not specify your location in your profile nor did you mention it in your post, that would be a key tid-bit you would want to include. As far as the software itself, do a few searches and you will quickly learn the pros & cons of each program.
Originally Posted by StrataG
I live in england
and am I not aloud to ask questions about GPS in a GPS forum?
I thought this was the whole idea of a forum?
and not for every to tell each other to go a and spend 30 mins of there life searching when it can take someone 5 seconds to help?
To go over every pro & con of each app and the uses would certainly not take 5 seconds. I've provided you with the basic answer. Both I and the previous poster presented our opinions. It is up to you to decide which meets your needs. No need to give attitude to people who are trying to point you in the right direction.
You were wrong, then, weren't you? A few seconds of searching would suffice, and if people have to spend all their time answering the same questions over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over they won't come back. Having this question come up every single day is useless when a search would answer it quickly.Originally Posted by chewEboy
Watch: I click search. I type "recommend gps uk". It gives me 13 hits. Right in the middle is "Whats the best GPS software for the UK?"
..and plenty of other good threads. That was on my first try.. try some other keywords and you'll find more. Total time? Less time than it took you to write this new post.
it takes a lot more than 5 seconds to give a detailed, in-depth response to that kind of question, so there's no way people are going to want to type that all out every time someone asks.Originally Posted by chewEboy
It's okay to ask a quick question, but you'll get quick answers. As you can see, your question did get a couple of quick answers. If you want detailed answers, search, and read what's already been written.
But don't take it from me! here's a quote from a real, live newbie:
eegeek.netOriginally Posted by Viscouse
You posted at 6:15. By 6:24 you had two answers. That's pretty quick. Sorry you didn't like the way they were phrased.Originally Posted by chewEboy
Here's a link to a thread called Getting started with GPS and another link to a thread called Attention Newbies! Everything (almost) you want to know about GPS (Part 1).
And you are allowed to ask a question in the GPS forum. Just try to be a little more specific next time.
1) The question you asked is completely subjective. You need to choose your own GPS software based on whatever criteria are important to you. The point about different packages having better maps for different parts of the world is very valid. I could tell you thyat I prefer iGuidance, but that's not the preferred European package. Therefore, you do need to do some reading about the different packages to see which one will meet your needs.Originally Posted by chewEboy
2) This forum is an informational resource. The information you're looking for is already here, probably dozens of times over. If we answer your questions here, that's one more thread for the next user that searches for BEST GPS SOFTWARE to weed through and not glean any information.
3) If you're searching for 30m, then your search skills are lacking. Pare down your keywords and try again.
4) Getting indignant because you're given answers in a format uyou don't like makes users less willing to help you next time you ask for something. Keep that in mind before you start crawling up everyone's *** for telling you to find the answers for yourself.
5) It's just lazy-assed of you to want your information handed to you on a silver platter as opposed to finding it yourself.
Originally Posted by DarquePervert
and you can suck my cock harry potter...... that is if you have finished talking like stuck up know it all