CoPilot user defects to iGuidance camp.
I've been somewhat unhappy with CoPilot7 recently. The maps were woefully out of date and innacurate, no 3D view and an upgrade policy worthy of a "beware of the leopard" sign and oh....its expensive!
Thought I'd give iGuidance a try, and I am amazed! It is WAy better than CoPilot7 and MUCH cheaper than CoPilot8....cheaper than the purported Copilot upgrade too.
Things I found I prefered over Copilot:
1. Looks cleaner & easier on the eyes.
2. 3D view...kind of like it.
3. Maps were more recent and accurate in my home town.
4. Voice used was much clearer & had a nice Irish lilt to it.
5. Seems to keep the position on the road....sensible.
6. Distance to turn meter was cool.
7. Zoom on upcoming turn was excellent.
8. 'bong' noise when you get to the turn was nice.
9. Re-routing was FAST and intelligent.
Thing I wish it had.
1. naming favorite places...such as 'Home'
2. Customization of font sizes etc [I SEE THERE IS A .INI FILE YOU CAN CREATE :rock: ]
3. Adjust the tilt of the 3D view more.
I just need to tweak it a bit now...and get it to integrate nicely with FrodoPlayer. I see now why som many of you use this program, next step will possibly be to upgrade from an earthmate puck to a BU-353 :)