Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Best USB GPS Receiver?

  1. #1
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    95

    Best USB GPS Receiver?

    Hey guys I'm just trying to figure out what would be the best gps receiver to buy. I want something that's affordable, accurate, and good quality.

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Neither darque nor pervert DarquePervert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Posts
    13,949
    *sigh*
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?



    Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

  3. #3
    Raw Wave kickercivic1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,031
    Man this noobs are gettting annoying as ****. They never want to search. Does your mom still hand feed you?

  4. #4
    FLAC SnyperBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,162
    Quote Originally Posted by L-U-R-C-H
    Hey guys I'm just trying to figure out what would be the best gps receiver to buy. I want something that's affordable, accurate, and good quality.

    Thanks!
    I made my own. You fill a shallow cooking pan with water, and float a hollowed out nut on the surface. The Earth's rotation, your destination, and the tensile surface strength of the water always keep the nut pointing in the direction I need to go.

    I'm not sure how it works, I think it's similar to those water-finding sticks. I'm working on a head's up display version. It's just a pain wearing swimming goggles, to keep the water out of my eyes....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    www.mobile-effects.com

    Free file hosting, picture gallery hosting for installs, PM me.

    Internet's first Front End Skin browser, featured installs, downloads, links, informative articles - all free to registered users.

  5. #5
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    95
    Thanks for your positive feedback guys.

  6. #6
    The Lavender Tie Just
    Made It Obvious
    Rafster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    3,083
    Quote Originally Posted by L-U-R-C-H
    Thanks for your positive feedback guys.
    People are being like this because ALL OF THIS HAS BEEN COVERED BEFORE!!!

    Plus, how can we tell you what the best GPS receiver is...

    It's almost like asking, "hey guys, I'm looking for the best car aaround..."

    You're gonna get sooooooooooooo many different answers, you'll be back at step one...

    Do some searching and figure it out!

    Peace,

    Rafster

  7. #7
    Variable Bitrate nadir_s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    289
    look at the gps receivers available on at the mp3car store and then search those product names in the forum ... read up on the threads and u'll find comparisons against other receivers and u'll come to a faster and better conclusion yourself.

    good luck
    [ 5-spd 1996 M A X i M A SE ]

  8. #8
    Banned P*ssed off B/F's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafster
    People are being like this because ALL OF THIS HAS BEEN COVERED BEFORE!!!

    Plus, how can we tell you what the best GPS receiver is...

    It's almost like asking, "hey guys, I'm looking for the best car aaround..."

    You're gonna get sooooooooooooo many different answers, you'll be back at step one...

    Do some searching and figure it out!

    Peace,

    Rafster
    1st appropriate answer in this thread. should have been the 1st reply but oh well.

    nice one Mr Rafster

  9. #9
    The Lavender Tie Just
    Made It Obvious
    Rafster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    3,083
    Quote Originally Posted by *****ed off B/F
    1st appropriate answer in this thread. should have been the 1st reply but oh well.

    nice one Mr Rafster
    HEHE, thanks...

    Peace,

    Rafster

  10. #10
    Banned P*ssed off B/F's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by nadir_s
    look at the gps receivers available on at the mp3car store and then search those product names in the forum ... read up on the threads and u'll find comparisons against other receivers and u'll come to a faster and better conclusion yourself.

    good luck
    2nd appropriate answer. nice one Mr Nadir_s

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. WTB: usb gps receiver & dvd rom
    By vile10 in forum Classified Archive
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-08-2005, 01:27 AM
  2. Holux GM-210 USB GPS Receiver
    By ummagawd in forum Classified Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-09-2005, 12:39 PM
  3. HOLUX GM-210 USB GPS Receiver
    By Deadnick in forum GPS
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-19-2004, 06:02 AM
  4. Sapphire GPS Receiver (USB Port)
    By MadDog UK in forum Classified Archive
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-13-2003, 11:17 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •