For some reason iGuidance 3 is showing me on the map 3-5 seconds after I actually get there. iGuidance 2.1.3 would show me 1 second after I got there. The offset is a good 100ft or so.
I tried using both 3D and 2D to see if maybe it's just slowing down my machine, but no, it works the same way.
Any one notice this?
1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 in Evergreen Pearl Metallic, Lifted, Locked, and Armored. CarPc in custom console with molded touchscreen.
Photobucket is being updated, if a picture i posted no longer works, please PM me.
Well, the thing is that it was perfectly fine with 2.1.3... it's with 3.0 that this started.
Yeah I noticed it as well, most the time it's a very slight delay but it's there and I didnt have it with 2.1.3 either. I know it's not my GPS because it works fine with all other packages and that is with a 11 sat lock.
hmmmmm....IG3 works smooth on my carpc too. Iguidance 2.1.3 was running slow for me one time and my music was skipping (through winamp and wmp) after a huge bump caused my carpc to reset. Tried everything to fix that, but finally decided to do a system restore through windows to an earlier date. If it didn't work, my last resort was starting with a blank hard drive and a fresh copy of windows. But fortunately, everything worked smoothly after the system restore.
Try checking your system processes while everything is running to see whats slowing you down. O yeah, make sure com port settings are correct for your gps reciever. I think in Iguidance it runs at 4800 bps buad rate. You can do this in your device manager. I forgot to do that once and Iguidance ran slow for me.
Hope this helps.
I will check the useage... might be something acting up.Originally Posted by volum3rider
Good call on the baud rate, but it is set to 4800 which is the same speed as my receiver. So no mistakes there (set to the same as iG 2.1.3).
cool let us know of any updates