After a reboot it seems to work fine on my machine. Thanks, and great job!
First, I'd like to thank LostReception for this hack. This is really neat, and will, one day, prevent me from having a big car accident I'm sure!!
While it works great on my system, I've found a small "bug" in the way it behaves when you do not type the whole streat name. This is what happen when you:
1. "type" the first characters of a street name
2. click on the name you want in the window (or use the arrows to select another name)
3. "type" OK
With IGQ, it does not "pick" the selection done with the mouse (or the arrows), and keep the first name from the list, offering a "1-99" street number range (the one from the "TOURNESOL" street instead of the "TOURNESOLS" street).
This is not a huge problem, but force to "type" the full street name, which is some case could be cumbersome.
Not sure if it is something than can be corrected, but if yes, then that would make your hack PERFECT! If not, you may want to get rid of the "arrows" buttons and use the space for something else, as the arrows don't work.
Thanks for your great work!
MII-12000 / Ampie / Lilliput 7" / BU-355 / PicoPSU / uSDC
Currently: Enjoying the setup, but always contemplating my next move...
possible temporary fix:
i think part of the stack ovewflow problem the runtime error 28 is that:
when running the program on a faster machine it executes the search for window command so quickly that it unintentinally searches too many times for vb to handle i am going to build some more error handling and work on that in the meantime you can try to slow down the code from executing so fasy by adding a debug-igq.text file to the dir that iGQwerty is in
not ice it is "debug-igq.text" not debug-igq.txt. this is actually a typo on my part and once that file is in the dir iGQwerty will create a debug-igq.txt file and log a debug file
by doing this it give it mre things to do in the meantime then fill up the stack
give it a shot it might work
if not im still working on the error handling
The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.
Well i rebooted the PC and now it works for me if IG is running stand alone. If its embedded into the latest version of RR i throw the 'error 28' box. Wish there was a way to hardcode this into the ig.exe instead of having another application take it over when you launch the OSK.
Oh yeah the arrow and space bar also work for me
vote for this thread to be sticky since it is very very useful apps
machine or a change i made with the newest release but i do not have this problem please try again and let me know