Starting car using computer..
I am trying to develope a keyless system for my car using the computer. My carputer has been running pretty solid now for about a year and I feel comfortable with the idea of it starting my car.
My thought is to use a USB memmory stick as a key. It would contain a specific file that the computer would look for when it is plugged in. If the file is not recognized the computer will shutdown the car with in a few minutes.
What would happen is this.
(1) Turn on car power with on/off button or switch-->
(2) Press the start button on the car-->
(3) Computer powers up as normal carputer would-->
(4) After started you will be prompted to insert your memmory stick-->
(5) If no memmory stick is inserted or you dont have one you can enter a password instead-->
(6) If niether the password or mem stick are used then the car will turn off with in 1 minute of the prompt screen appearing-->
(7) Turn off the car by simply pressing the power on/off button or let the car stay parked (determined by information from GPS) for a preset amount of time.
Most of these functions I can configure using ROAD RUNNER, no other software needed. The problem I am having though is polling infomation from the GPS reciever to determine that the car is parked. Or is there a better method for doing this other than using a GPS reciver?
I would also like to be able to trigger the steering whel lock from the computer. By this I mean I want to send voltage from the computer once the password is entered or the memstick is inserted to unlock the steering wheel.
How can I do this?