Very good news
I wanted to announce that I am in the final stages of developing a valentine1 to serial adapter. The hardware will function just like a concealed display, but will use your pc for the display. It will plug in right where your normal concealed display does.
- Detect and interpret the valentine1 concealed display data and transmit to pc via a serial cable
- Ability to mute the valentine 1
- Ability to change modes of the valentine1
- Fully powered by the existing valentine1's connection.
- Small compact size (approx 3inches x 1.5 inches)
I will also be developing some software for use with this new hardware. The software will mimic the normal concealed displays look and functionality (where possible).
This software is still in development so the look may/will change slightly.
I am planning on getting some CarPC frontend integration developed. I will be contacting and working with different frontend developers for this.
Please post any questions or comments. I will you all updated as to the progress. Right now I have the PCB's designed and sent off for manufacturing. I am looking into the assembly of the PCB and the finalization of the software development.