Thread: FM/DAB digital radio - THAT WORKS!!

  1. #1081
    Maximum Bitrate Mickz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    859
    To anyone receiving a new unit with an Aerial adaptor cable, I would check the adaptor cable very carefully; mine was shorted at one end and intermittently shorting at the other end.

    I wonít comment on the assembly of this lead, and just to ward off any suggestions that I may not know exactly what Iím talking about, Iím a retired Electronics and Communication engineer.

    Radio works well, only FM locally at the moment. Have to write some code to integrate it into my CAR-PC control software.

  2. #1082
    Vendor - Mo-Co-So
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    237
    Craig
    Stop stealing pictures from my site. Take your own.

  3. #1083
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    570
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickz View Post
    Hi, I notice a few of you are in Australia, I’m wondering how long it normally takes for this unit to arrive over here. Mine was posted on the on the 2-12. Thanks.



    EDIT: Just arrived at the door.
    Still waiting on mine sent on the same date supposedly!
    New Car PC Build list in progress

  4. #1084
    Maximum Bitrate Mickz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    859
    Quote Originally Posted by Kosti View Post
    Still waiting on mine sent on the same date supposedly!
    Annoying I bet! Hope it arrives soon. I have had time to write software to control everything and now have the radio controlled from the steering wheel buttons along with the rest of my front end.

    I asked for some programming info but have heard nothing yet, found a list of commands written in python code on Craigís site and managed to figure out how to talk to it from that.

    Only thing I have a question on now is the commands EQ and Shift which appear to do nothing so far? Maybe they work in DAB? I canít receive that out here as yet.

  5. #1085
    Newbie SpaceMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickz View Post
    Annoying I bet! Hope it arrives soon. I have had time to write software to control everything and now have the radio controlled from the steering wheel buttons along with the rest of my front end.

    I asked for some programming info but have heard nothing yet, found a list of commands written in python code on Craigís site and managed to figure out how to talk to it from that.

    Only thing I have a question on now is the commands EQ and Shift which appear to do nothing so far? Maybe they work in DAB? I canít receive that out here as yet.
    Back on page 71, I posted an API I've been developing to help with integrating these radios into frontends. You may wanna try it out to see if it works for you. It was written for the radio module I got a few months ago so I'm not sure if its the same version as yours but might be worth a try.

  6. #1086
    Maximum Bitrate Mickz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    859
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceMonkey View Post
    Back on page 71, I posted an API I've been developing to help with integrating these radios into frontends..
    HI, thanks for the info. I actually have my Radio module coded, finished and controlling the radio with every function except for the EQ and Shift codes mentioned. I will have to wait until I get in an area with a DAB signal to check the unknown two functions. I will certainly have a look at your code in case they are included there.

  7. #1087
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    570
    fork me, still nothing, damn, cmon mr postman, give me DAB+

  8. #1088
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    337
    One question re the DAB+ feed in Australia, does the radio show anything other than the station name?

    For example, does it show track names or any other kind of RDS info?

    From reading the specs on another board, it looks like it only has the station name, that DAB+ doesn't support packet data, only the AAC+ stream.

    Just trying to get my head around what kind of data you get in conjunction with the AAC+ audio stream.

  9. #1089
    Newbie SpaceMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickz View Post
    HI, thanks for the info. I actually have my Radio module coded, finished and controlling the radio with every function except for the EQ and Shift codes mentioned. I will have to wait until I get in an area with a DAB signal to check the unknown two functions. I will certainly have a look at your code in case they are included there.
    Ahh, yeah I never figured those out either. Although the Radio class in my API still provides functions for sending those commands.

  10. #1090
    Newbie SpaceMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by Chester View Post
    One question re the DAB+ feed in Australia, does the radio show anything other than the station name?

    For example, does it show track names or any other kind of RDS info?

    From reading the specs on another board, it looks like it only has the station name, that DAB+ doesn't support packet data, only the AAC+ stream.

    Just trying to get my head around what kind of data you get in conjunction with the AAC+ audio stream.
    Here in Adelaide, mine shows RDS info (like the current track) along with the station name. Also (to my surprise), this also happens with some FM stations (e.g. MMM) that transmit RDS info.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •