Thread: FM/DAB digital radio - THAT WORKS!!

  1. #1241
    Newbie BIRDMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    16
    Yes, I'm using Andy's centrafuse 3.5 plugin for venice-5 with slave firmware and apart from this issue it works perfectly (Nice one Andy and everyone who has contributed to this project ). Not being a coder myself I sure this can be rectified with some kind of call routine to the line-in function ? But that said, I'll bow to the professionals as I don't possess the necessary skill set

  2. #1242
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Macclesfield, UK
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by BIRDMAN View Post
    Yes, I'm using Andy's centrafuse 3.5 plugin for venice-5 with slave firmware and apart from this issue it works perfectly (Nice one Andy and everyone who has contributed to this project ). Not being a coder myself I sure this can be rectified with some kind of call routine to the line-in function ? But that said, I'll bow to the professionals as I don't possess the necessary skill set
    Previously I have found Centrafuse to be so buggy and their documentation lacking even the most basic of information, I gave up dedicating any more time to it.

    I'm hoping that CF3.5 will be a stepped improvement. I'll have a go at altering the mute behaviour over the next few weeks.

    Andy
    Andy Whittaker
    Macclesfield, UK

  3. #1243
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    22
    What front end are you running Andy? I see that Road/Ride Runner has Venice 5 support built in and may be the way to go and it's free I'm still a CF user mostly because I'm used to it now and have some understanding of how it works.

    Looking forward to your new plugin.

  4. #1244
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Macclesfield, UK
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by tickertapes View Post
    What front end are you running Andy? I see that Road/Ride Runner has Venice 5 support built in and may be the way to go and it's free I'm still a CF user mostly because I'm used to it now and have some understanding of how it works.

    Looking forward to your new plugin.
    I think you'll find that RideRunner and the CF plugin share the same, highly amazing, super code!

    Well, most of the time....

    Andy
    Andy Whittaker
    Macclesfield, UK

  5. #1245
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    83
    Well this thing from Craigbrass is completely useless if its not supported anymore. Apart from sending it back to Craig and asking for a full refund what else can i do with this unit?

  6. #1246
    ibf
    ibf is offline
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    245
    Its very easy to write a software for a venice with SERMMI interface. All you need to do is emulate button push and you pretty much have a working radio.

    Find the baudrate and start sending a byte, theres only about 20-30 instructions and all are single byte.

    Send a 0x40 on button press and 0x00 on button release and it should toggle the power button. Same principle for the rest of the buttons... try it, Ill expect it to work.

    Just make sure you release the RESET line on the venice.
    Last edited by ibf; 04-01-2011 at 03:10 AM.

  7. #1247
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by ibf View Post
    Its very easy to write a software for a venice with SERMMI interface. All you need to do is emulate button push and you pretty much have a working radio.

    Find the baudrate and start sending a byte, theres only about 20-30 instructions and all are single byte.

    Send a 0x40 on button press and 0x00 on button release and it should toggle the power button.

    Same principle for the rest of the buttons... try it, Ill expect it to work.
    It does work - the baud rate is 115200. The buttons I have implemented are:
    0x40 Power
    0x41 Scan
    0x42 Select
    0x43 Seek Up
    0x44 Seek Down
    0x45 Volume Up
    0x46 Volume Down
    0x47 Menu
    0x48 Display
    0x49 Mute
    0x4b Mode
    0x4d Sleep
    0x4f Alarm
    0x54 .. 0x5e Presets 1 to 10

    For button release, I'm sending (command - 0x40) rather than 0x00, this is how the standalone app does it. The only thing I can't get to work with my app is setting pretets.

  8. #1248
    Constant Bitrate soyfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Canberra, Australia
    Posts
    115
    I notice he is still on the supported hardware list for Centrafuse, I wonder if they have had any contact?

  9. #1249
    ibf
    ibf is offline
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    245
    From the old V5 FW the button release start at 0x00, 0x01, 0x02

    So it would be :

    Press Release
    0x40 - 0x00
    0x41 - 0x01
    0x42 - 0x02
    0x43 - 0x03

    and so on

    Make sure you set the preset to read/write mode before sending the preset number. A preset command hold make it enter the write mode.
    Last edited by ibf; 04-01-2011 at 03:48 AM.

  10. #1250
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    22
    It's quite a shame really after all the hard work that's gone into this project that it could now die off for Centrafuse users.

    I'm going to start playing with Riderunner now as Venice support is standard.
    Radio still comes 1st on my list of requirements and as far as I'm concerned, the venice module is the only real solution. I have tried Silabs and HQCT and they were all quite simply CRAP.

    Come on CF, get your act together and support the UK, EU, AUS and CAN users directly, there's no Sirius or XM over here :-(
    Last edited by tickertapes; 04-02-2011 at 03:52 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •