Thread: FM/DAB digital radio - THAT WORKS!!

  1. #1361
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    4
    First, MANY THANKS for the great work you've done ....

    "Error, Radio Not Found" issue - Solved.
    Echo sound - Solved.

    But I have problems when:
    When I listen to "Station1" press next station and expect to get "Station2" I get "Station3"

    I experience the same thing in your standalone program and in some menu items.

    If I short press pause, then writes the top display "Buffered Audio" which is accurate,
    but if I change channel, it still writes "Buffered Audio", which can not be right ...
    "Buffered Audio" must be = 0 and show the new channel name

    I am running 32bit win7

    Bo Nielsen
    Denmark

  2. #1362
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2

    great work

    Great Work! Its fantastic to finally get the CB ultimate fm/dab radio working within centrafuse. but would just like to echo the comment below. the select key seems to get mixed up with the > key sometimes. but I dont get any standby issues either.
    W7 32bit
    Thank You will watch this thread with interest.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jylland View Post
    First, MANY THANKS for the great work you've done ....

    "Error, Radio Not Found" issue - Solved.
    Echo sound - Solved.

    But I have problems when:
    When I listen to "Station1" press next station and expect to get "Station2" I get "Station3"

    I experience the same thing in your standalone program and in some menu items.

    If I short press pause, then writes the top display "Buffered Audio" which is accurate,
    but if I change channel, it still writes "Buffered Audio", which can not be right ...
    "Buffered Audio" must be = 0 and show the new channel name

    I am running 32bit win7

    Bo Nielsen
    Denmark

  3. #1363
    TBM
    TBM is offline
    Newbie TBM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    32
    800x480 Skin alternative for ibf's Centrafuse plugin:

    Name:  DABRadio_Off.png
Views: 824
Size:  8.7 KB

    DAB icon:

    Name:  DABRadio_Icon.png
Views: 712
Size:  7.4 KB

    UK station logos:

    Name:  StationsSheetLR.jpg
Views: 6577
Size:  73.5 KB
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by TBM; 06-23-2011 at 05:30 AM.

  4. #1364
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    62
    First Thanks to everyone who has put in the time and effort into creating the new 3.5/3.6 CF DAB plugin you have done a great job.

    I started right off the bat with the new skin it looks great.

    You need to make sure that the station logo's are square so they don't get warped as I had to make my own for Australia

    I will upload and share my logo's when they are done for any other Aussie's

    My radio module is working great.

    Here are a couple samples of my station logos I am working on



    I would love to be able to set a station logo to the preset buttons even if I had to assign them in a seperate ini file or something manually.

    Once again great work and thanks again.
    Last edited by MagicMan; 06-23-2011 at 02:26 PM.

  5. #1365
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    8
    ibf

    Error report:

    The plugin does not work after hibernation. The radio is playing but it is not possible to control the radio. If Centrafuse is turned off after a hibernation, it crashes. And if you try to restart it, it won't restart. One ugly solution might be to kill a process when the PC goes into hibernation.

    Menu is not working in DAB mode (I have only tested DAB). Menu works with standalone application.

    I have not found a way to store channels.

    Scandinavian characters turns up blank (,)

  6. #1366
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    7

    dab

    Same problem,
    Does not help reinstall the app

  7. #1367
    TBM
    TBM is offline
    Newbie TBM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicMan View Post
    You need to make sure that the station logo's are square so they don't get warped as I had to make my own for Australia
    Ah yes, forgot to mention that. It's a 140 pixel square size for the logos.
    You can also use - let's say - double that size (or quadruple but bigger files of course) to get a nicer result when using the full screen option by double tapping on the picture area.

    And MagicMan... Good work on the logos!


    Quote Originally Posted by harryharry View Post
    Menu is not working in DAB mode (I have only tested DAB). Menu works with standalone application.
    I don't know what it is supposed to do as my DAB mode is not working yet but if I tap Menu followed by Select I get all kinds of menu options: DRC, LANGUAGE...

    Quote Originally Posted by harryharry View Post
    I have not found a way to store channels.
    Doesn't pressing and holding the preset buttons work? In FM mode it works that way.
    btw You can also use the standalone apps to set things up first.

    Quote Originally Posted by harryharry View Post
    Scandinavian characters turns up blank (,)
    Does anyone know if this works properly in RR using a Venice 7?
    I think CB already had the problem with the CF3.1 plugin. Not sure but it could well be firmware related.

  8. #1368
    ibf
    ibf is offline
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    245
    Quote Originally Posted by Jylland View Post
    First, MANY THANKS for the great work you've done ....

    "Error, Radio Not Found" issue - Solved.
    Echo sound - Solved.

    But I have problems when:
    When I listen to "Station1" press next station and expect to get "Station2" I get "Station3"

    I experience the same thing in your standalone program and in some menu items.

    If I short press pause, then writes the top display "Buffered Audio" which is accurate,
    but if I change channel, it still writes "Buffered Audio", which can not be right ...
    "Buffered Audio" must be = 0 and show the new channel name

    I am running 32bit win7

    Bo Nielsen
    Denmark
    Not sure about the NEXT button issue you have, all the buttons just send the commands to the module. A scrollup_button_pressed then a scrollup_button_released commands are sent to the module when you release the button, thats it. The plugin doesnt do anything else except for sending those single byte commands and the rest of the stuff are done on the module itself.

    The buffer is correct, it wont reset because all it does is start the buffer when you put the radio on. It wont reset wen you change channel. When you touch the scrub bar you will hear the recorded sound, just push forward to hear the live version of the sound and the actualy station should show up again and not the BUFFERED AUDIO.

    The buffer is just record whatever comes out of the radio, nothing else. I could have use the pass through but recording was easier and it can be useful when you want to hear something again.

  9. #1369
    ibf
    ibf is offline
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    245
    Quote Originally Posted by harryharry View Post
    ibf

    Error report:

    The plugin does not work after hibernation. The radio is playing but it is not possible to control the radio. If Centrafuse is turned off after a hibernation, it crashes. And if you try to restart it, it won't restart. One ugly solution might be to kill a process when the PC goes into hibernation.

    Menu is not working in DAB mode (I have only tested DAB). Menu works with standalone application.

    I have not found a way to store channels.

    Scandinavian characters turns up blank (,)
    As far as I know you HOLD the preset button to store the channels. I dont have CB's radio and I cant test it and only going by the info I was given on here.

    The scandinavian characters was never supported, only the characters from 32-127 are displayed and the rest are blank out except for the < > and the block character. That is already fixed, I just need to complete the DAB characters to unicode which is taking along time.

    I will post the updated version tonite.

    Not sure about the other issue you have as I couldnt test mine for that. My PC crash when putting it to sleep even if I dont have CF running.

    The other members here have theirs working when going standby/hibernate/resume so they might be able to answer your qs.
    Last edited by ibf; 06-24-2011 at 07:22 AM.

  10. #1370
    ibf
    ibf is offline
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    245
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicMan View Post
    First Thanks to everyone who has put in the time and effort into creating the new 3.5/3.6 CF DAB plugin you have done a great job.

    I started right off the bat with the new skin it looks great.

    You need to make sure that the station logo's are square so they don't get warped as I had to make my own for Australia

    I will upload and share my logo's when they are done for any other Aussie's

    My radio module is working great.

    Here are a couple samples of my station logos I am working on



    I would love to be able to set a station logo to the preset buttons even if I had to assign them in a seperate ini file or something manually.

    Once again great work and thanks again.
    Great work...

    Its possible to put logo on the buttons, infact its not that difficult. The problem is that the module doesnt have any PROPER indication which mode it is on. So if its on FM you want different set of logos displayed on the preset buttons and it would be different for the DAB.

    It can be done but it wont be reliable, a change in FW and the plugin might not work properly.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •