Thread: FM/DAB digital radio - THAT WORKS!!

  1. #1411
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    19
    Hello,

    First I'd like to Thank every one who has worked on the plug-in for Centrafuse 3.5/6.

    the plug-in works grate but I have one question, How do you increase the volume of the plug-in?
    centrafuse and the pc volume is up full but the plug-in sound is very low.
    I've gone through all the settings and pressed all the buttons but can't find the volume setting.

    in the CF3.1 plug-in there was an option to reset the volume to 100%, maybe you can include this function in a future update.

    Again Thank you for creating this plug in.

    Redgy

  2. #1412
    ibf
    ibf is offline
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    245
    Quote Originally Posted by redgy View Post
    Hello,

    First I'd like to Thank every one who has worked on the plug-in for Centrafuse 3.5/6.

    the plug-in works grate but I have one question, How do you increase the volume of the plug-in?
    centrafuse and the pc volume is up full but the plug-in sound is very low.
    I've gone through all the settings and pressed all the buttons but can't find the volume setting.

    in the CF3.1 plug-in there was an option to reset the volume to 100%, maybe you can include this function in a future update.

    Again Thank you for creating this plug in.

    Redgy
    Download the standalone and go to setting, in there u can change the volume. Im not sure how to get to FACTORY RESET on CB's radio but Ill assume its in the menu somewhere, you can try that too.

    Make sure you also check the recording volume on your PC. You will find that on the recording devices > line in > properties > levels, on Win 7 that is.
    Last edited by ibf; 06-30-2011 at 03:02 PM.

  3. #1413
    ibf
    ibf is offline
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    245
    Quote Originally Posted by harryharry View Post
    I have now finally managed to get the plugin to load correctly after hibernation. I do not know why I had the problem with the plugin but I have two USB-to-serial devices (DAB radio and OBD interface).
    What I did to fix the problem:
    Uninstalled and deleted all USB-to-serial drivers.
    Installed latest drivers from FTDI http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/D2XX.htm
    Uninstalled and reinstalled Centrafuse
    Now it works correctly.
    Glad its all sorted now so there is no need for me to mess with the serial port on hibernate/standby/resume.

    Quote Originally Posted by Borte View Post
    It can only respond to button press in the range 0x40 -> 0x80 since 0x0 -> 0x40 means button released. 0x40 -> 0x5F is already described in the interface so I scanned the remaining range from 0x60 -> 0x80 but there was no response at all, it just ignored it.
    Ok Ill leave it then, you should have got a response after 0x60 or so by then. Not sure why I mentioned up to 0xFF, I would probably have tried it. Thanks.

  4. #1414
    Maximum Bitrate Borte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    443
    Quote Originally Posted by redgy View Post
    in the CF3.1 plug-in there was an option to reset the volume to 100%, maybe you can include this function in a future update.
    Don't set the volume higher than approx 80% as going to full volume may lead to distorted output (at least it did on my unit).

    Again this function can also be automated but it means sending button commands and reading the display response so it might be firmware specific.
    Failure is not an option...
    __________________________________________________ ______________________________
    The only full multizone / multiscreen cross platform open source Front End -> OpenMobile

  5. #1415
    ibf
    ibf is offline
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    245
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickz View Post
    Thanks for letting others know it helped. It’s such a simple mod but it really does allow the DAB-FM module to perform to it max potential.
    I have seen a few radio with earth directly soldered on to the shield, good simple effective mod, cheers. Have also seen (33pF + 10pF) capacitors in parallel directly soldered on the 3.3V and 1.2V pin and on to the top shield. Have not tried it but it might be worth a try.

  6. #1416
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by ibf View Post
    Download the standalone and go to setting, in there u can change the volume. Im not sure how to get to FACTORY RESET on CB's radio but Ill assume its in the menu somewhere, you can try that too.

    Make sure you also check the recording volume on your PC. You will find that on the recording devices > line in > properties > levels, on Win 7 that is.
    Grate, it works again

    but now it sounds like the person on the radio is in a tin can any idea to what could be causing this?

  7. #1417
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    33

    Hi all

    I purchased one of CB's original modules...and kept track of this thread for a while...then when 3.5 update came out and there was no support...i sent of a support ticket but as many of you already know CB's customer service is a bit on the shabby side.

    As a result i received no update no communication no nothing....
    Problem is i cant remember where i left off reading this thread as its been so long...

    I gather by reading the majority of the most recent pages (20+) that there has been a group effort piloted by a few, to create a third party app that will work with CB's module in 3.5/6?

    Now similar to a previous poster, I am more than a bit confused as to what my options are.

    I'm already running a happy CF 3.6 system...and would quite like to get the radio working (not to fussed about DAB actually)

    Would it be out of the question for someone to summarise what the options are so that late-comers like myself are able to sort themselves out...because i'm thoroughly confused.

    I'm also happy to do any testing for people if it is needed.

    Thanks in advance

    Mehmet

  8. #1418
    TBM
    TBM is offline
    Newbie TBM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    32

    Lightbulb

    This is just a collection of previously posted files to get the CB Ultimate DAB+ module working in Centrafuse 3.5/3.6.

    1) Full DABRadio package
    This includes the latest plugin dll posted by ibf (from post 1373, 06-24-2011)

    Download: DABRadioFullPackage.zip

    Files from the above zip should end up like this:

    Centrafuse Directory > Plugins > DABRadio >

    Languages > (English.xml)
    Stations > (station logos)
    Skins > Clean > (skin images and skin.xml)
    DABRadio.dll

    With the above in place and after restarting CF, you should be able to find the DABRadio plugin in the CF system settings.
    There you can set the COM port and recording device.
    The station logos are named according to the station names broadcast and displayed on LCD line 2.
    In some countries (e.g. Netherlands) LCD line 2 scrolls as well. In that case only a generic logo can be displayed.

    NOTE 1
    If the DAB module sound output is too low, it may be necessary to reset the volume by using a standalone app.
    For example the one from CB hosted at his website www.coolapplab.com .
    AFAIK volume can only be reset to 100%.

    NOTE 2
    It may be necessary to install the latest FTDI USB driver for the DAB module to work reliably.
    As posted earlier, that driver can be found here: http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/D2XX.htm
    The driver has several advanced settings when accessed through the Windows Device Manager.
    If the DAB module does not work properly, it is worth checking out some of the options in there.


    2) Options

    If you prefer a blue LCD and/or different color preset buttons, you can replace the skin files with one of the following two alternatives:

    2.1) Skin file Blue 1





    The blue preset buttons are made up of separate images (blue=off, grey=down) on top of the background. LCD text is dark blue .

    NOTE
    LCD text color can be changed by editing the FONTCLASSES section in the skin.xml file using notepad.
    (e.g. change color="#003958" to color="#FF7800" for orange text)

    Download: DABRadio_BlueSkin

    2.2) Skin file Blue 2



    The preset button numbers light up blue when pressed.
    LCD text is dark blue. Station Info text is just an indication.

    Download: DABRadio_BlueSkinAlt.zip


    If you prefer orange preset buttons, you can replace image files with one of the following two alternatives.

    2.3) Orange Preset buttons 1



    Download: PresetButtons_Orange1.zip

    2.4) Orange Preset buttons 2



    Download: PresetButtons_Orange2.zip
    Last edited by TBM; 07-09-2011 at 08:07 AM. Reason: Spelling/Grammar errors, missing pictures, rectified missing Clean directory in full package

  9. #1419
    ibf
    ibf is offline
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    245
    Quote Originally Posted by redgy View Post
    Grate, it works again

    but now it sounds like the person on the radio is in a tin can any idea to what could be causing this?
    I dont really know, did you untick the "LISTEN TO THIS DEVICE" option? this give you an echo sound though. Check your cabling, PC setting, etc etc. I apart from that there is nothing else to check. Someone else in here might know?

  10. #1420
    ibf
    ibf is offline
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    245
    Quote Originally Posted by mzhussein View Post
    I purchased one of CB's original modules...and kept track of this thread for a while...then when 3.5 update came out and there was no support...i sent of a support ticket but as many of you already know CB's customer service is a bit on the shabby side.

    As a result i received no update no communication no nothing....
    Problem is i cant remember where i left off reading this thread as its been so long...

    I gather by reading the majority of the most recent pages (20+) that there has been a group effort piloted by a few, to create a third party app that will work with CB's module in 3.5/6?

    Now similar to a previous poster, I am more than a bit confused as to what my options are.

    I'm already running a happy CF 3.6 system...and would quite like to get the radio working (not to fussed about DAB actually)

    Would it be out of the question for someone to summarise what the options are so that late-comers like myself are able to sort themselves out...because i'm thoroughly confused.

    I'm also happy to do any testing for people if it is needed.

    Thanks in advance

    Mehmet
    The only way to get your radio working in CF3.5/3.6 at this point is to download the plugin posted in here and thats it. Update the DLL and use the skin made by TBM.

    I only have less than 6 days to go before my CF trial expire so I doubt Ill I have any more done since Im still waiting for someone to send me the file I have asked.

    People here are shy to post, probably disgusted in some way due to the way this project/thread went and this is probably the reason why its been quite here, majority of people simply lost interest. To be honest I dont have much time to dedicate for this either, I did made it clear that it would be a one off help for those wanting to get their radio working again, after all it is not my mess. So the test DLL is probably final unless I found a motivation to release another. Even though I dont have a real radio to test it with, I believe it is working well and Ill most likely leave it as it is now.

    Good luck
    Last edited by ibf; 07-07-2011 at 10:11 AM.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •