7 euros here:
Go to the mo-co-so site and try to order one to Australia.
Cost of the connector for US$14 is OK but with a MINIMUM postage cost of US$27 no-one here will be buying one. That makes the cost of the cable close to half the cost of the module itself.
Now, if postage was only about US$6, now that would be very comparable to the cable+connector I have sourced.
MP3 Car's store has the same problem. Postage to the UK is insane...
I think the above SMB to Motorola cable should be included as an option when ordering the unit, that would enable combined postage and keep prices down for us not in the UK or US.
Maybe a choice of aerial connector options, rather than just the current SMB
Unfortunately the SMB connector for the aerial is part of the Venice7 module as manufactured so it is not changable easily unless Craig convinces the manufacturer to make a special module type with a different connector just for our units.
I am looking into being able to offer the following :-
- A USB A to B cable with ferrites.
- A 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable with ferrites.
- A Motorola to SMB cable.
- Aerials (Glass Mount, Magnetic and Roof Replacement).
I will update you on the situation shortly.
Just received the radio module yesterday. Unfortunately additional HW from USA isn't received so i haven't had the opportunity to try it out yet.
- For those who are going to mount the radio module inside the Carputer case internal cabling would be preferred. Especially for the USB connection.
- The 3.5mm MiniJack audio-cable should have at least one angled connector.
- The multiplexer for simultaneous FM and DAB aerial connection is high on my wish list. DAB coverage is lacking in many parts of Norway and FM will have to be used frequently.
- Also i would suggest some pre-drilled mounting holes in the corners of the main circuit board.
As promised to Craig i have now had a chance to compare the DAB module supplied from Craig with my previous Blaupunkt Woodstock DAB54 head unit using the Blaupunkt FM/DAB antenna in the car.
From the testing performed this week (once i remembered to reconnect the power supply to the antenna pre amp). The results are amazing, I have not yet lost the DAB signal with the current setup even driving through places i know that the old Blaupunkt radio would lose reception for a short period, to have a unit that out-performs this radio for DAB recpetion is a credit to everyone that has worked on it so far.
I will continue to to test and let you know when it finally loses reception