But then there is the big BUT, the serial protocol used is the problem if we want to control modules with slave FW... the protocol is quite different to what used on V5, same pins for serial lines thou, just the protocol we have to figure
i asked the magazine silicon chip about their article and as far they know the venice chip are not sold on its own :-(
Bo, try contacting the guy that did it for the V5 with slave. Buzz me if you need help with that.
Ok guys - new Centrafuse build. Sorry for the delay.
New features include :-
- Better hibernation / resume control.
- The radio is no longer powered off. We instead just disconnect the COM port.
- Being able to control device audio directly so you could connect it directly to an amp and the radio would start playing as soon as the port gets power (because of the previous point too).
- Phone calls and voice command now correctly pause the audio stream and resume after.
- Holding down the About button for 2 seconds will now allow you to clear station lists.
There are a number of other small fixes too. This build will really prove it doesn't require slave mode - emulation works just as well.
Download from http://www.craigbrass.net/centrafuse.zip
If any users could post any additional bug reports / feature requests here, that would be great.
that update looks like it fixes a fair few niggles...any ETA's on delivery yet?
@ nrgizerbunny & craigbrass
when will the new board version be available, when can i place an order for the new board?
Not sure when the Silicon Chip version will be viable and want to finish off the carpc before xmas :D
Kosti, I have no idea. this is down to craig. I hate everything that goes with selling so I only design.
@mzhussein: Your order should be shipping Monday.
@Kosti: Sent you a PM about this.