Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 327
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: DAB DAB+ FM Digital Radio Development Board

  1. #91
    Maximum Bitrate Mickz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    832
    Quote Originally Posted by CdRsKuLL View Post
    Hi Mickz, Just want to say thanks for the source you posted :-) I'm still waiting for my DAB unit (sometime next week) but I'm coding a plugin up for FreeICE. I noticed you save the list to a txt file. Just wondering why this is done as I have just been grabbing the saved list from the dab unit on start up. Unless it's the presets your saving..

    O.. btw I'm testing my app via VNC to someone who has got a unit :-)
    Steve
    Hi Steve, you may be referring to the DEMO source code. The code I posted was a really a quick lash up to see what could be done with module. The Code for my latest app has not been posted as yet and is completely different from the original junk that was just thrown together.

    The DEMO source code from the designer of the module, writes the station list to a stations.txt file as did mine until recently. I assume that was initially to speed up start times by just reading the file. However as you have noticed it’s really fast at pulling that list from the module. My latest app also does not write this list file and simply reads the list from the module.

    Quote Originally Posted by CdRsKuLL View Post
    I think it would be good if the dll wrote the last FM and last DAB channel used rather than just the last station played. I might be using an out of date DLL mind. Also on the one I'm using I can't seem to get a stereo indication on the FM side of things.. DAB works fine.
    As far as DLL goes, it of course writes nothing, in my latest application I have 90 presets, 50 DAB presets and 40 FM presets. Last stations playing in both DAB and FM are saved and the Station RESCAN is completely non destructive to all 90 Presets.

    BTW make sure you use the latest DLL with the new module as the Hard mute function has changed, using the previous DLL results in no audio.

    Mike.
    Last edited by Mickz; 09-07-2012 at 02:05 AM.
    GA-Z77N-WIFI, i5-2400S, 8GB, Intel 520 128GB SSD, M4-ATX Modified, 2 Rev Cams, 2 Web Cams
    8" 16:9 TRANSFLECTIVE, Win8-64, Dual GPS RX and Garmin PC + Odyssey Nav, FM-DAB+, BB-Rec
    T-Screen HVAC control, custom microcontrollers, code and FE. CarPC Project

  2. #92
    FreeDrive Creator CdRsKuLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    3,512
    Hi Mick,

    Many thanks for your reply. :-) I will grab the latest DLL when my board turns up. I was struggling with the while .. .loop for scanning not updating the form and after a little sleep It dawned on me that you don't really need the while loop at all... I've also removed the freqlist what you use and just turned it into a percentage.. ie..

    Code:
    If ScanDABRunning = True Then 'starts scanning
                ScanDABRunning = False
                DABAutoSearch(0, 71)
    End If
    
            Select Case GetPlayStatus
                Case 0
                    'playing
                Case 1
                    If radiomode = 0 Then 'DAB ON
                        txtRadioname.Text = "DAB Scanning"
                        Dim freq As Integer = GetFrequency() * 1.4
                        txtRadiotext.Text = Str(freq) + "% - Found " + Str(GetTotalProgram)
                    End If
                    If radiomode = 1 Then 'FM ON
                        txtRadiotext.Text = "Scanning"
                    End If
                    'scanning
                Case 2
                    txtRadiotext.Text = "Tuning"
                Case 3
                    txtRadiotext.Text = "Stop"
                Case 4
                    txtRadiotext.Text = "Sorting"
                Case 5
                    txtRadiotext.Text = "Reconfiguration"
                Case Else
                    txtRadiotext.Text = "N/A"
    
            End Select
    :-) again many thanks for the original source, it makes coding for something so much quick, also I have to agree the DLL is quite easy to work with compared to others.

    Steve

  3. #93
    Maximum Bitrate Mickz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    832
    Hi Steve, yes I think GetFrequency() just returns a value (0 to 71 for this mode and band) and is an index pointer to the Modules current internal “block” scan frequency. But as you say, if you know how many blocks then it’s an easy convert to %. In my program I also flash the DAB button until the scan is finished. I found that was extra obvious on a small car-pc screen if you’re rescanning when moving into a new DAB coverage area while travelling. BTW I love what you have created with your FE, man some work gone into that. I also had a look at the state of this DAB module on the forum there. I’m surprised there is a problem with that standard SMA aerial connector, used on tons of stuff over here.

    BTW, like others I had also been using that CB Ultimate DAB-FM module and wrote SW for that crippled firmware and DLL interface, this is so much nicer and it's running in slave mode.

    Best of luck with the integration of this new module into your FE.
    Last edited by Mickz; 09-07-2012 at 09:07 PM.
    GA-Z77N-WIFI, i5-2400S, 8GB, Intel 520 128GB SSD, M4-ATX Modified, 2 Rev Cams, 2 Web Cams
    8" 16:9 TRANSFLECTIVE, Win8-64, Dual GPS RX and Garmin PC + Odyssey Nav, FM-DAB+, BB-Rec
    T-Screen HVAC control, custom microcontrollers, code and FE. CarPC Project

  4. #94
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6
    If there is gonna be a bulk order to the UK (reduced cost, save on shipping, etc), then count me in for x1. Have a eee 900 chopped and modified as my carpooter (this weekend is powered USB hub weekend!). Plus I am a programmer by trade (www.ragtagdev.com), so would be in for creating a centrafuse plug-in unless one materialises in the meantime.

    Well done on the early adoption work!

  5. #95
    Low Bitrate Dexamenus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by SteUK View Post
    If there is gonna be a bulk order to the UK (reduced cost, save on shipping, etc), then count me in for x1. Have a eee 900 chopped and modified as my carpooter (this weekend is powered USB hub weekend!). Plus I am a programmer by trade (www.ragtagdev.com), so would be in for creating a centrafuse plug-in unless one materialises in the meantime.

    Well done on the early adoption work!
    Hey mate, I am a centrafuse user but certainly no programmer, except for changing the png's haha. Currently just testing the app with it semi-embedded in centrafuse, but would love a plug-in for it!

    Keep us posted.

  6. #96
    Maximum Bitrate Mickz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    832
    FYI, I managed to get a full Station scan down to 15 sec for 49 stations instead of my normal 48 seconds.

    DAB+ station frequencies are allocated in channels and each is 1.712 MHz wide and can carry about 1.5 M-bits a second. Nine stations are multiplexed together and sent as one digital signal using a DAB+ radio channel. If you look up the channel allocation in your country and cross reference them to the freqindex() array declared in the Demo Application, you can set the scan function to start and stop over a narrower range of frequencies.

    In AU the current allocated Multiplex channels are.

    9A 202.928 MHz
    9B 204.640 MHz
    9C 206.352 MHz
    9D 208.064 MHz
    10A 209.936 MHz
    10B 211.648 MHz

    Looking up the frequency offset in the freqindex() array, I get channels 16 to 22.

    DABAutoSearch(S, E) takes two parameters, Start channel and End channel.

    DABAutoSearch(16, 22) gives me a 15 second scan time instead of almost 50 seconds.

    Is it worth having the option to enter and save the start and end channels for you location?
    Last edited by Mickz; 09-08-2012 at 05:16 PM.
    GA-Z77N-WIFI, i5-2400S, 8GB, Intel 520 128GB SSD, M4-ATX Modified, 2 Rev Cams, 2 Web Cams
    8" 16:9 TRANSFLECTIVE, Win8-64, Dual GPS RX and Garmin PC + Odyssey Nav, FM-DAB+, BB-Rec
    T-Screen HVAC control, custom microcontrollers, code and FE. CarPC Project

  7. #97
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    44

    Another "me too" post :)

    Hi all, just came across this thread while looking for a car radio (with Australian and UK DAB support)

    Just ordered the board and I too use Centrafuse (4.3). I'd be happy to help out with a CF frontend with time or dev work (I'm a crap developer, but its never stopped me from trying), alternativly a paypal donation and/or virtual beverage to speed up its creation.

    Thanks go to everyone who's contributed to get this far.


    JJ

  8. #98
    FreeDrive Creator CdRsKuLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    3,512
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickz View Post
    FYI, I managed to get a full Station scan down to 15 sec for 49 stations instead of my normal 48 seconds.

    DAB+ station frequencies are allocated in channels and each is 1.712 MHz wide and can carry about 1.5 M-bits a second. Nine stations are multiplexed together and sent as one digital signal using a DAB+ radio channel. If you look up the channel allocation in your country and cross reference them to the freqindex() array declared in the Demo Application, you can set the scan function to start and stop over a narrower range of frequencies.

    In AU the current allocated Multiplex channels are.

    9A 202.928 MHz
    9B 204.640 MHz
    9C 206.352 MHz
    9D 208.064 MHz
    10A 209.936 MHz
    10B 211.648 MHz

    Looking up the frequency offset in the freqindex() array, I get channels 16 to 22.

    DABAutoSearch(S, E) takes two parameters, Start channel and End channel.

    DABAutoSearch(16, 22) gives me a 15 second scan time instead of almost 50 seconds.

    Is it worth having the option to enter and save the start and end channels for you location?
    Hi Mick,

    Great idea, this would shorten the scan time by quite a lot :-) I will have a look at the UK list. :-) I'm using some XML subs to load / save the presets which seems to work great. I'm also generating an xml Dab list, in alpha order and removing unwanted stations like Test A which appear here.

    Let me know if you want a look at my source, it's wrote as a FreeICE plugin, but it might be able to adopted to CF or whatever.. never coded for that.

    Steve

    [update]
    well on looking the UK has a DAB band range of 217.5 - 230MHz.. I will give it a try.. thanks :-)
    Last edited by CdRsKuLL; 09-09-2012 at 08:34 AM.

  9. #99
    Mod - Driveline forum
    Auto Apps:loading...
    ClockWorK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    718
    In case anyone is writing code for this thing from the ground up, I've found that the volume of the device is dependent on calling the GetPlayStatus function. When you call this function, the DLL will amp the volume if the status is "Playing" (zero). Otherwise, the volume will remain low. So, calling this function should be in any loop that is querying the device.

  10. #100
    Maximum Bitrate Mickz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    832
    Quote Originally Posted by ClockWorK View Post
    In case anyone is writing code for this thing from the ground up, I've found that the volume of the device is dependent on calling the GetPlayStatus function. When you call this function, the DLL will amp the volume if the status is "Playing" (zero). Otherwise, the volume will remain low. So, calling this function should be in any loop that is querying the device.
    Hi Clockwork, the current version of my application is a complete ground up rewrite. I noticed that behaviour early on and always call get volume and compare current against Setupdata.LastVolume. Once set (as I only use volume as a preset) it is never touched again and all levels are adjusted via the FE with either a SW or in my case a Hardware interfaced volume control.

    But a good point to keep in mind ofr anyone doing this.

    Quote Originally Posted by CdRsKuLL View Post
    Hi Mick, Great idea, this would shorten the scan time by quite a lot :-) I will have a look at the UK list. :-) I'm using some XML subs to load / save the presets which seems to work great. I'm also generating an xml Dab list, in alpha order and removing unwanted stations like Test A which appear here.
    So many ways to do things. I decided to leave everything in the Station list as its only use now is to populate 50 DAB presets. What I found important and coded into in my app was dimming the name of any station in the list if itís in one of the 50 DAB preset. Makes loading presets a breeze.

    After setting Presets, I only use the list if Iím travelling and need to rescan. In AU, most of the station names are common through each area so after a 15 second rescan any PRESET not available has a place marker shown, all others work as before and any new station in the station list is shown highlighted, makes it easy for me anyway. Iím posting an updated version later today focused on presets and removing List scroll buttons unless the List is called, I feel that in my app that list is becoming a use it occasionally item.

    Quote Originally Posted by CdRsKuLL View Post
    Let me know if you want a look at my source, it's wrote as a FreeICE plugin, but it might be able to adopted to CF or whatever.. never coded for that.
    Iím sure a number of guys are keen to get a plug going to suit the FE they use. MY FE is easy as Itís completely hardware controlled and imbedded as part of the Vehicle electronics so Ií donít have to overlay other stuff on screen. Total screen real-estate is given up to every application, Phone, Radio, Music, Video, NET, HVAC, GPS, OBD, Integrated Vehicle Diagnostics etc. but thatís just the way I like it I guess.
    GA-Z77N-WIFI, i5-2400S, 8GB, Intel 520 128GB SSD, M4-ATX Modified, 2 Rev Cams, 2 Web Cams
    8" 16:9 TRANSFLECTIVE, Win8-64, Dual GPS RX and Garmin PC + Odyssey Nav, FM-DAB+, BB-Rec
    T-Screen HVAC control, custom microcontrollers, code and FE. CarPC Project

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-28-2008, 11:52 PM
  2. On-Board Digital Equalizer
    By Cheekz185 in forum Car Audio
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-24-2005, 05:47 PM
  3. Frustrated with my digital WW board....
    By Waveblaster785 in forum LCD/Display
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-12-2005, 04:42 PM
  4. Fried my Digital WW board....
    By Waveblaster785 in forum LCD/Display
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-21-2005, 09:26 PM
  5. SB Value Digital I/O Board???
    By RaZor in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-18-2001, 11:45 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •