Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 344

Thread: Use bluetooth/RF dongle on keychain for car access

  1. #71
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by superart
    Is it just high-torqu servos or stepper motors controlling the seats and mirrors? If so, a servo controller card in the computer could controll those.
    Why should I care? I already have those features build in.
    If you wanna talk about those features then start another thread

  2. #72
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    156
    you brought it up

  3. #73
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by superart
    you brought it up
    Yeh, I said that we could hack into the car's existing system for this, not make a new system

  4. #74
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    156
    well you got to make an interface to be able to hack into the existing system.

    <edit>
    Oh wait, i think I see what your saying.
    have a relay close the circuit on one of the preset buttons based on the PIN in the key.

    OK, i got what youre saying, I think. That shouldn't be too hard.

  5. #75
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by superart
    well you got to make an interface to be able to hack into the existing system.

    <edit>
    Oh wait, i think I see what your saying.
    have a relay close the circuit on one of the preset buttons based on the PIN in the key.

    OK, i got what youre saying, I think. That shouldn't be too hard.
    Your thinking on the edit is correct

  6. #76
    Calm
    Down
    Or
    Get
    A
    2
    Week
    Vacation
    -Love
    The
    Forum
    Policeman
    Wiredwrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    3,605
    http://home.howstuffworks.com/framed...om/touchsw.htm

    That will answer your touch the door thing. Looks pretty easy to build.

    Can be used if you so desired. I personally like the auto unlock, and place in ACC, with a switch to put the car in AC if I want.

    Then press the button, and off I go.

    ALTHOUGH, putting it in AC when I get close, and then hitting the start button puts the car in ACC, and starts it. Then, hitting the button again stops the car, and put it in AC until I walk away maybe easier, with a switch to put it in ACC if need be.


    HMMMMMM, me likes.

    Michael

  7. #77
    Variable Bitrate nzKAOSnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Christchurch - New Zealand
    Posts
    332
    subscribes.

    That touch thing - does that work if u have gloves on?
    92 Subaru Legacy Wagon

    Epia MII12000 :D
    Morex 80W
    120G External HDD
    16x2 Charater Display
    Creative IR Remote
    VIA Sereniti 2000 Mini ITX Case
    7.2Ah SLA Tank
    PCMCIA 802.11b
    256DDR Ram


    Diamonds are for girls- wise men follow the stars

  8. #78
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    156
    That is what I am trying to figure out.

    I think it depends how sensative you make it.

  9. #79
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    156
    Does it need to be in ACC in order to start the engine?

    Like could the engine be started in AC mode?

  10. #80
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiredwrx
    http://home.howstuffworks.com/framed...om/touchsw.htm

    That will answer your touch the door thing. Looks pretty easy to build.

    Can be used if you so desired. I personally like the auto unlock, and place in ACC, with a switch to put the car in AC if I want.

    Then press the button, and off I go.

    ALTHOUGH, putting it in AC when I get close, and then hitting the start button puts the car in ACC, and starts it. Then, hitting the button again stops the car, and put it in AC until I walk away maybe easier, with a switch to put it in ACC if need be.


    HMMMMMM, me likes.

    Michael
    I like this idea too. We just need someone to develop it

    BTW: Starter buttons are not that hard to do. You can get a kit for a starter button for like $20... from an s2k
    Quote Originally Posted by nzKAOSnz
    subscribes.

    That touch thing - does that work if u have gloves on?
    No clue about the gloves. My guess is no.
    Quote Originally Posted by superart
    Does it need to be in ACC in order to start the engine?

    Like could the engine be started in AC mode?
    Car needs to be in ACC mode to be running...

Similar Threads

  1. Dongle disconnection on reboot...
    By RoyN in forum PhoneControl
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-10-2005, 03:00 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •