Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 117

Thread: Electric Window Tint

  1. #91
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1

    Cool tinted glass

    Do you guys sell the elctric tint glass?

  2. #92
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1

    smart glass

    there is a company or two you can buy smart glass "variable tint" automotive products, one is Asahi glass, they make the glass sets for toyota and lexus and recently displayed this at the tokyo auto show on the hino bus' link below
    http://www.gizmag.com/go/8253/
    or you can buy a custom glass set from american glass products that is a aftermarket fit, see them at this website, and look for "vario plus sky"
    http://www.agpglass.com/agp-tech-varioplus2.htm
    you may also be able to buy them from Isoclima glass, Italy, as a custom set, or go to the smartglass.com website of research frontiers, the inventor and patent holder.
    hope this helps
    Seth

  3. #93
    Fusion Brain Creator 2k1Toaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado, but Canadian!
    Posts
    10,049

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by snickers View Post
    there is a company or two you can buy smart glass "variable tint" automotive products, one is Asahi glass, they make the glass sets for toyota and lexus and recently displayed this at the tokyo auto show on the hino bus' link below
    http://www.gizmag.com/go/8253/
    or you can buy a custom glass set from american glass products that is a aftermarket fit, see them at this website, and look for "vario plus sky"
    http://www.agpglass.com/agp-tech-varioplus2.htm
    you may also be able to buy them from Isoclima glass, Italy, as a custom set, or go to the smartglass.com website of research frontiers, the inventor and patent holder.
    hope this helps
    Seth
    Now that is good information.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

  4. #94
    Maximum Bitrate pRoFiT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fresno, CA
    Posts
    795
    Nice to see this thread progressing a little?

    I stumbled onto this research while looking for plasma guns

    Anyways, here is the link http://www.aist.go.jp/aist_e/latest_.../20071213.html They built a film that goes transparent to mirror! Not like that is better then OLED (hehe) but it sure would look cool on a silver car. Thought everyone would like to know.

    Also, you apply 5 volts to set it one way then -5 to go the other.

    Check this one out.

    http://www.aist.go.jp/aist_e/aist_to...line_18_2.html Full screen shot with girl standing behind it to see the full effect. Not sure if this is the same stuff from above.
    Um, I guess this is where you put something witty.WITTY

    My Web site, in the design stage. http://home.comcast.net/~cstrachn

    Modified RRSkinEditor http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/rr-skins/65723-rrskineditor-bugs-fixes-comments-current-progress-outdated.html

  5. #95
    Variable Bitrate mayhembdm666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Adelaide, Australia
    Posts
    233
    forgive me if there is a new thread, but being this one is titled correctly and all..

    there is a car company now doing it... tho not sure if any others around yet?
    if so anyone got any for australia?

    Youtube- Showing car with eletronic on/off tint with wireless remote
    http://www.defiantaudiollc.com/
    Last edited by mayhembdm666; 03-23-2012 at 09:47 PM. Reason: dumbest of reasons...
    2004 Holden WL Caprice Auto GENIII
    Base System = Raspberry Pi
    Everything else is pending for now as switched from a Mini-ITX setup

  6. #96
    Fusion Brain Creator 2k1Toaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado, but Canadian!
    Posts
    10,049
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhembdm666 View Post
    forgive me if there is a new thread, but being this one is titled correctly and all..

    there is a car company now doing it... tho not sure if any others around yet?
    if so anyone got any for australia?

    Youtube- Showing car with eletronic on/off tint with wireless remote
    http://www.defiantaudiollc.com/
    For that price, I don't think they are actually tinting it. (I didn't play the Youtube video yet, just read some of the comments). $10K for the installation seems like an average price for getting new glass made that fits with the liquid polymers embedded between the glass. Same thing the car companies have been doing for over a decade. Does the video actually show a film of tint?
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

  7. #97
    Variable Bitrate mayhembdm666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Adelaide, Australia
    Posts
    233
    The video shows it in use after installation, so only a walk around.

    I've not looked into this one to much as been flat out with projects at work. But the appearance does look to be that of a liquid polymers.
    It is a instant on/off with a normal key fob/remote.
    2004 Holden WL Caprice Auto GENIII
    Base System = Raspberry Pi
    Everything else is pending for now as switched from a Mini-ITX setup

  8. #98
    Fusion Brain Creator 2k1Toaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado, but Canadian!
    Posts
    10,049
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhembdm666 View Post
    The video shows it in use after installation, so only a walk around.

    I've not looked into this one to much as been flat out with projects at work. But the appearance does look to be that of a liquid polymers.
    It is a instant on/off with a normal key fob/remote.
    Well you can modulate LCDs pretty well to get an effective "dimming" but judging from the response from the creator they are not very bright. They probably just got custom polymered glass, installed it, and put it on a standard remote fob. A brainless monkey can do that, and I think they did. The real thing is waiting for a thin film application. With the new "paint-on" polymers they have for new LCDs, it may become feasible in the future.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

  9. #99
    MySQL Error soundman98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    on the border of northern IL/IN
    Posts
    5,820
    that stuff in the video above is a film that applies just like tinting film. but it only has 2 states, and is not transparent when turned on..

    on the other side, there is a company that offers custom laminated glass that can have a variable black tint, but i can't seem to find nay recent update emails they've sent me, and can't remember the name..

  10. #100
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    305
    I really don't think that one was a film? I can't see them charging 10k to install film? It looked just like the stuff I saw 10 or so years ago for home use, which was actually embedded between 2 layers of glass.

Similar Threads

  1. Onscreen keyboard
    By gti in forum Map Monkey
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 06-14-2008, 10:00 PM
  2. Alpine City Cruise
    By Hell-Stopper in forum RR Skins
    Replies: 170
    Last Post: 02-22-2007, 10:05 PM
  3. iGuidance 2.x auto-run shortcut
    By ziggyrama in forum GPS
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-13-2005, 06:05 PM
  4. Does window tint really make a difference?
    By Ascension in forum LCD/Display
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-26-2005, 07:03 AM
  5. window tint on lcd?
    By cash_Money in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-13-2004, 09:48 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •