Page 13 of 128 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363113 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 1272

Thread: HQCT Module (new thread following HU RDS/RDBS)

  1. #121
    FLAC TheLlama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    All over the world
    Posts
    970
    Ok, Curve ball:

    Racemier and Diogenes, I've been looking at the code some more, and I think it would be a heck of alot easier to just build my driver from the specifications instead of based on someone else's code. I understand the basics of the transactions. 32 byte packets containing either control sequences or a status report. Are the more detailed software specifications available yet? If not, can you point me toward the right region in the source?

    I just wanted to mention, to any Linux users, that I am writing a driver that runs as a kernel module and is exposed to the user environment as a character device. So you can just pipe stuff to and from /dev/radio for example.

    Thanks guys, great work!

  2. #122
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    48
    Lets stop acting like children and a$$holes. The radios will be ready when they are ready and a price will be determined when a price will be determined and thats that. For all you who are pooping your pants about the software, I have something that will save your drawers. I have the philips control software which will control the TEF6892 and the Microtune tuner containing the TEA6849. You need to build a 74LS05 parallel port I2C interface to interface the I2C port to your parallel port. The software tunes and aligns the tuner, configures the audio processor, and decodes all RDS/RBDS data and has a radio text display. A pic of the software in action is at the bottom of page 4. A link is also there too. If anyone wants to host it, please let me know if the link is dead. Please don't ask me for support, as I am not in the position to give any because I know very little. The TEA6849 and TEF6892 datasheets should answer all your questions.

    Jonathan

  3. #123
    FLAC TheLlama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    All over the world
    Posts
    970
    Quote Originally Posted by emumanXM
    I have the philips control software which will control the TEF6892 and the Microtune tuner containing the TEA6849. You need to build a 74LS05 parallel port I2C interface to interface the I2C port to your parallel port. The software tunes and aligns the tuner, configures the audio processor, and decodes all RDS/RBDS data....
    Why do we want to do that if they have a usb pic controlling the thing already?

  4. #124
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    147
    Right,

    besides, we supply the unit WITH software that does work, software WITH source code so it can be modified to anybodys particular taste.

    Diogenes

  5. #125
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    849
    Quote Originally Posted by emumanXM
    Lets stop acting like children and a$$holes. The radios will be ready when they are ready and a price will be determined when a price will be determined and thats that. For all you who are pooping your pants about the software, I have something that will save your drawers. I have the philips control software which will control the TEF6892 and the Microtune tuner containing the TEA6849. You need to build a 74LS05 parallel port I2C interface to interface the I2C port to your parallel port. The software tunes and aligns the tuner, configures the audio processor, and decodes all RDS/RBDS data and has a radio text display. A pic of the software in action is at the bottom of page 4. A link is also there too. If anyone wants to host it, please let me know if the link is dead. Please don't ask me for support, as I am not in the position to give any because I know very little. The TEA6849 and TEF6892 datasheets should answer all your questions.

    Jonathan
    please tell me how is that carPC friendly?? + alot of people on this forum will have no idea how to set that up(what u descibed above)myself included

    Ther are alot of peps, like myself that cant develope ****, like what u mentioned above sounds like all starwars **** to me, i would have no idea where to begin...and if im paying money for the hardware i would like a plug and play device that would let me load up any frontend and start working

  6. #126
    FLAC TheLlama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    All over the world
    Posts
    970
    Quote Originally Posted by Diogenes
    Right,

    besides, we supply the unit WITH software that does work, software WITH source code so it can be modified to anybodys particular taste.

    Diogenes
    Yup. Things a difficult now because the software appears to still be in its first draft and the damned module hasn't even been released yet. How can we complain about software support for something that cannot be purchased?

  7. #127
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    147
    Hi,

    camsgs3 should not only write posts but also read what is written by others, if you can copy an exe file to your carPC and if you can make that exe run you have all you need to use the HQCT. You also need to know how to hook up power to it, an antenna is needed and the audio output must be connected to some kind of amplifier...

    Diogenes

  8. #128
    FLAC TheLlama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    All over the world
    Posts
    970
    Quote Originally Posted by Diogenes
    Hi,

    camsgs3 should not only write posts but also read what is written by others, if you can copy an exe file to your carPC and if you can make that exe run you have all you need to use the HQCT. You also need to know how to hook up power to it, an antenna is needed and the audio output must be connected to some kind of amplifier...

    Diogenes
    I think he was referring to the idea of interfacing i2c over the parallel port, etc..

  9. #129
    The Vauxhall Vectra Project ccsnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Morecambe, Lancs, UK ( Just For The Moment )
    Posts
    2,680
    Guys - found this... not sure if its any use but allows NMEA / TMC output...

    CTRM-03 FM RECEIVER MODULE WITH RDS/TMC

    The CTRM-03 is a small and sensitive FM digital receiver module that
    decodes RDS and TMC information with stereo sound output.
    It can be easy integrated into devices for mobile navigation suchs as
    PDA’s, PNA’s etc. The SMD PCB can be soldered directly onto
    another PCB.

    Main Features
    - Digital FM-PLL Synthesized high sensitivity receiver
    - Frequency FM 87,5 MHz – 108MHz. high quality stereo output.
    - Integrated RDS/TMC decoder, with TTL output
    - Universal Open TMC protocol and NMEA protocol.
    - Power save function and low power consumption
    - Spacing for USA and EU possible
    - RDS (EU) and RBDS (USA-Japan) decoding
    - Sensitivity 3uV or better
    - Small SMD single side component pcb of only 16 x 32 x 2,7mm


    Terran

  10. #130
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    72
    shouldn't that go on the original thread?

Similar Threads

  1. [RELEASE - Public]GPSSecure - GPS Tracking
    By xBrady in forum GPSSecure
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-05-2006, 09:33 PM
  2. Hot Chicks Thread - NOT WORK SAFE
    By ODYSSEY in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-17-2005, 10:38 PM
  3. Amp or HU dilemma
    By paul167 in forum Car Audio
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-03-2004, 06:45 AM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-07-2004, 12:52 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •