Page 62 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1252535455565758596061626364656667686970 LastLast
Results 611 to 620 of 695

Thread: Project NiteVision - NiteMax + HUD + carputer

  1. #611
    inh
    inh is offline
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Fort Riley KS
    Posts
    515
    Somone pulled one out of an old camcorder. If i recall correctly it was like a 1/4" lil CRT.
    cashtexts - Earn money for receiving text messaged offers
    cashtexts review not a scam
    Space Navigator - 6 Axis input device: Take it apart - Driver App
    RRCam - Video/webcam capture, text overlay, and recording: 2.0 Stable

  2. #612
    inh
    inh is offline
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Fort Riley KS
    Posts
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by inh View Post
    EDIT: Also, found this spiffy lil projection lens. Its tiny =] http://www.surplusshed.com/pages/item/l3322.html
    Seems like it woul dbe good for our uses, or for at least the way im thinking about doin it. I really need to spend a lot of time researching projection setups though, as well as optics and the like. Sadly, time is quite limited over here =/
    Ordered the lense today. Figured I'd see what kinda projection I could get of it with my camera viewfinder as the source.
    cashtexts - Earn money for receiving text messaged offers
    cashtexts review not a scam
    Space Navigator - 6 Axis input device: Take it apart - Driver App
    RRCam - Video/webcam capture, text overlay, and recording: 2.0 Stable

  3. #613
    inh
    inh is offline
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Fort Riley KS
    Posts
    515
    Got my projection lens in =] Havent had a chance to play with it using my video camera viewfiner, but it does indeed project (tested it using a PSP screen, though it was less than ideal)

    Ill test it with my viewfinder tomorrow. Anyone know if there would be any adverse effects to projecting on to a mirror angled at 45 degrees? I dont think there would be but ya never know. Also thinking about using a small 640x480 or smaller LCD to use as the source. Could build a mini projector that way. Hell, maybe the nitemaxx lcd with a brighter backlight?

    Wish some other people were working towards this and posting on the thread =/
    cashtexts - Earn money for receiving text messaged offers
    cashtexts review not a scam
    Space Navigator - 6 Axis input device: Take it apart - Driver App
    RRCam - Video/webcam capture, text overlay, and recording: 2.0 Stable

  4. #614
    inh
    inh is offline
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Fort Riley KS
    Posts
    515
    Alright, getting anything to project has been a real pain, though i did have one success, my 3 LED maglite (uses two AA batteries)... This will project very nicely, and about 10 inches across at only 6 or so inches away from the surface. It is also SUPER crisp, i can see all the fine scratches on the LEDs and the clear lens cover. Seems to be almost ideal..

    I guess i need a Fresnel lens to direct the light of whatever im trying to project first then i guess? i dunno, new to all this optic stuff. Im going to go look around and DIY projector sites and see if i can figure anything out..

    EDIT:

    Did some research, seems i'll need 2 Fresnel lenses, roughly the size of the LCD panel i want to project..


    I wish i actually had a nitemax, as it seems this would be ideal. Anyone got one they wish to sell for a decent price? Im trying to track one down online... Whats a fair price to pay for one guys?
    cashtexts - Earn money for receiving text messaged offers
    cashtexts review not a scam
    Space Navigator - 6 Axis input device: Take it apart - Driver App
    RRCam - Video/webcam capture, text overlay, and recording: 2.0 Stable

  5. #615
    Raw Wave shotgunefx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,800
    Quote Originally Posted by inh View Post
    Got my projection lens in =] Havent had a chance to play with it using my video camera viewfiner, but it does indeed project (tested it using a PSP screen, though it was less than ideal)

    Ill test it with my viewfinder tomorrow. Anyone know if there would be any adverse effects to projecting on to a mirror angled at 45 degrees? I dont think there would be but ya never know. Also thinking about using a small 640x480 or smaller LCD to use as the source. Could build a mini projector that way. Hell, maybe the nitemaxx lcd with a brighter backlight?

    Wish some other people were working towards this and posting on the thread =/
    The nitemax (or a similar cheap LCD , think lilliput sells basicially the same one for around $50) would probably work with a better backlight. (It's still on my todo), with the standard backlight, it's very faint.



    Quote Originally Posted by inh View Post
    Somone pulled one out of an old camcorder. If i recall correctly it was like a 1/4" lil CRT.
    Yes, that would be me

    I only tested it with a cheap "magnifier" fresnel lens. Might be better with a projector lens, but it didn't seem to be bright enough. Here's a crappy pic.


    I also have one out of those giant 80s video cameras as well. That one might be brighter (though does have a radiation warning on it )

    One thing that would be good if you could use something like that outside of size is that black, is black, but I don't think you'll get one bright enough. I might be wrong though.

    Quote Originally Posted by inh View Post
    Alright, getting anything to project has been a real pain, though i did have one success, my 3 LED maglite (uses two AA batteries)... This will project very nicely, and about 10 inches across at only 6 or so inches away from the surface. It is also SUPER crisp, i can see all the fine scratches on the LEDs and the clear lens cover. Seems to be almost ideal..

    I guess i need a Fresnel lens to direct the light of whatever im trying to project first then i guess? i dunno, new to all this optic stuff. Im going to go look around and DIY projector sites and see if i can figure anything out..

    EDIT:

    Did some research, seems i'll need 2 Fresnel lenses, roughly the size of the LCD panel i want to project..
    ....
    I wish i actually had a nitemax, as it seems this would be ideal. Anyone got one they wish to sell for a decent price? Im trying to track one down online... Whats a fair price to pay for one guys?
    You'll need a setup like that if you are working with a point light source.

    Is Mark (the guy who sold us all the nitemax cameras) out of them totally? He had a lot of them that where just parts, such as the backhalf with the LCD. Which is what you really want.

    Price is going to vary, some people have them on ebay but wanted a LOT of money.

  6. #616
    inh
    inh is offline
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Fort Riley KS
    Posts
    515
    mark has plenty of parts, i got in contact with him after i posted last. I think im going to try and use the nitemax lcd and controller, along with an LED backlight and a copule of Fresnel lenses. I want to lay it out horizontally, then use a mirror to project on to the windshield
    cashtexts - Earn money for receiving text messaged offers
    cashtexts review not a scam
    Space Navigator - 6 Axis input device: Take it apart - Driver App
    RRCam - Video/webcam capture, text overlay, and recording: 2.0 Stable

  7. #617
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1

    Progress report?

    Quote Originally Posted by inh View Post
    mark has plenty of parts, i got in contact with him after i posted last. I think im going to try and use the nitemax lcd and controller, along with an LED backlight and a copule of Fresnel lenses. I want to lay it out horizontally, then use a mirror to project on to the windshield
    How about a progress report? I am very interested in how this is working out. I am thinking about building a similiar device for my Motorcycle (Cruiser) this winter.

    Mark

  8. #618
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    134
    Any news on that guys?

  9. #619
    inh
    inh is offline
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Fort Riley KS
    Posts
    515
    Well, I got my NiteMax's but I lack the equipment and supplies to try anyhitng more. In a few months when I'm back home with all my tools, and can run to the hobby shop for anything i need, i'll get back on it.
    cashtexts - Earn money for receiving text messaged offers
    cashtexts review not a scam
    Space Navigator - 6 Axis input device: Take it apart - Driver App
    RRCam - Video/webcam capture, text overlay, and recording: 2.0 Stable

  10. #620
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    134
    Is that NiteMax worthing it's money?

    I have a ccd ir 1/3" camera from ebay and I'm satisfied, but I'd like to compare it with nikemax.


    PS: I want to make sth like BMW's nightvision...

Similar Threads

  1. PROJECT: 2004 Xterra Carputer
    By elgenyo in forum Fabrication
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-01-2007, 04:23 PM
  2. VW Golf mk3 - carputer project
    By Sh0cker in forum Show off your project
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-09-2005, 10:14 AM
  3. My Carputer Project, need advice
    By natesimpson74 in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-21-2005, 01:14 AM
  4. My carputer project: Solaslim
    By nthai in forum Show off your project
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 10-28-2003, 03:43 PM
  5. New CarPuter Project: Need Input!
    By Tremek in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-31-2002, 03:07 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •