ya know what, I am about to try a complete reinstall, I do have a 32-bit version of windows 7 as well.
Alright, well I tried using Windows XP 32-bit instead still same issue. Also just tried scrapping ASIO and using Windows Multimedia like you are too but the clicking still comes after a while even with buffer at max and number of buffers at max. tried messing with VAC settings too, but still nothing. The only thing the buffer sizes do is just change the time that the clicks start, nothing else.
well, i am at a loss..
what board/processor/etc are you running
and you had the same problems with the 9300 GE?
because i am using that exact same board-- the only difference is mine uses a pentium E5300, and a esi gigaport usb card...
the only times i get pops/stutters is when my adesso keyboard is plugged in-- if i unplug it, the audio is flawless..
it shouldn't.. when my keyboard causes a delay in the audio, it shows in the dpc latency checker. and you already tested that...
so this whole thing has come full circle... it can't be the audio card, because it happens with onboard, it can't be the mo.bo. because you've tried different models, and it can't be the os, because you have both tried reloading the os, and tried both x86, and x64 bit versions...
while i believe there are other members here using a c2d for a audio processing setup, i wonder if it is the processor selection that is messing with it-- that is one of the things that stayed the same through either of these builds right?
i am pretty convinced that it is something to do with vac, but don't know what to recommend from here...
maybe try contacting the maker of vac?
Last edited by soundman98; 02-25-2011 at 07:14 PM.
Alright, I found a Really old sound blaster audigy 2 ZS card, only 5.1 card that I think I can setup kXproject and do the rerouting through that to take out VAC off the equation, but I have no idea how kx project works...
Anyone know how to set this up just to output through winamp and input through audiomulch?
Well the audigy card reroute wasnt going to work for me anyway even if I could get it working cause I need to route 4 channels of audio.
But after hours and literally days more of troubleshooting (pretty much nonstop between work and school since my last post), even asking Eugene with VAC I just had to test and experiment with about a thousand different settings, lol.
Ended up working out with using ASIO4ALL in audiomulch (64 buffer) and within ASIO's control panel ticking hardware buffer (buffer offset 10ms) for all sound cards including VAC and ticking the "Always resample 44.1k" and setting clock correction for VAC to 99.995% (you wouldnt believe what it took to figure that out!)
So far so good, been clear of any clicks/pops/dropouts for over an hour now. I am afraid to touch anything else or it might screw it up, lol. So lets hope everything is good, gonna continue testing before I throw it back in the car.