Software options for Tuning
For the Wiki article on this subject, please see this link: http://www.mp3car.com/wiki/index.php...g_via_Software
If you have more information to add to this, please do so!
ASIO: (Audio Stream Input Output) is a protocol for low-latency digital audio specified by Steinberg.
ASIO provides an interface between an application and the sound card. Whereas Microsoft's DirectSound is typically for stereo input and output for consumers, ASIO provides for the needs of musicians and sound engineers. ASIO offers a relatively simple way of accessing multiple audio inputs and outputs independently. It also provides for the synchronization of input with output in a way that is not possible with DirectSound, allowing recording studios to process their audio via software on the computer instead of using thousands of dollars worth of separate equipment. Its main strength relies in its method of bypassing the inherently high latency of operating system audio mixing kernels, allowing direct, high speed communication with audio hardware.
VST: Virtual Studio Technology and its acronym VST refer to an interface standard for connecting audio synthesizer and effect plugins to audio editors and hard-disk recording systems. VST and similar technologies allow the replacement of traditional recording studio hardware with software counterparts.
:A VST effect is a type of VST plug-in that is generally used to process audio. Types of VST effect include (among others) reverb processors or phaser effects.
VST Effects can be used in real-time when used with an appropriate software and hardware configuration, such as a sound card that supports ASIO, software that bypasses Windows' slower audio engine and so offers much lower latency times, allowing for effective real time playing. Modern Macintosh computers typically ship with low-latency audio drivers.
VSTSHELL for combining/wiring/stringing VST plugins together
- Console is a VSTSHELL that works with ASIO. It routes the cards in and outs and gives you the ability to wire up multiple VST plugin effects how you want them. It does not stream audio from the actual media player unless the output of the player is ASIO.
Audio Stream Capture to use with VSTSHELL programs and ASIO
- VAC - designed to capture the audio signal from media players using KS/Direct sound/WDM to be routed to VSTSHELL programs or any program that needs/uses ASIO.
- Reaper - captures the audio stream with the "REAroute" function built inside of it.
thread for how it was used
- Directwire - Only available on ESI PRO and some Audiotrak Cards
- Some M-Audio cards also have this capability. The 410 and Firewire 410 can do it for sure.
- Another option is to use the SPDIF OUT looped back to the SPDIF IN if the card has both available.
31-band 1/3 octave Equilizers
- 1 (free) - 1/3 ($39.95) - 1/6 ($69.95) - 1/24 ($99.95) octave versions