Voice options in iGuidance 4 - disable/enable TTS (text-to-speech)
* Open your registry editor (on a pc click Start > Run, type regedit
* Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\iNav\iGuidance
* Right-click on empty space in the right pane, and then select New > DWORD
* Name it TTS
* Set the value to 0 to hear direction prompts consisting of only WAV
* Set the value to 1 to hear direction prompts consisting of WAV & TTS
* Set the value to 2 to hear direction prompts consisting of only TTS
0 = voice prompts as in older iGuidance versions (no street names)
1 = default voice prompts of iGuidance 4
2 = TTS (text-to-speech) used for the whole voice prompt (not just for street names)
* * * Restart iGuidance for changes to take place * * *
For this, and any other iGuidance customizations, please visit
the dialog for the keyboard need the title "OSK" other wise iGQ wont load on top of IG, that all i was referencing really
This might have not been mentioned earlier. The UMPC/CarPC version has a new on-screen button to the left of the red Mute button. The function of this button is to allow users to switch in and out of full-screen mode.
Looks like the developers have been looking at these forums. Isn't there a member here who created that as an add-on for iG a while back?
FYI... Iguidance v4 is available now!
it costs $109 from iNav, (but I don't know what shipping options/prices they offer/charge).
I ordered my copy of IG4 last night from buygpsnow.com for $99 (plus $12 for Fedex Express 2-day shipping).
they're closed today and tomorow for Independance day, so it won't ship until at least Friday but that's OK. I've already been waiting weeks for IG4, I can wait a couple days more
I hope it shows up before the end of next week.. I am going on a roadtrip and would like the new version, hopefully runs better on PPC now :S
iGuidance is my favorite program for GPS. Unfortunately, I'm a world traveler and have to use TomTom for my PDA because I can't seem to find any maps for iGuidance 3.0 for Europe/Japan/Australia/etc. Do you guys know if 4.0 will be adding maps for these areas.
Mostly Useless Info - Free Image Host
wow, I just ordered V3 from semsons last week. Hopefully they are an authorized retailer and I can get the free upgrade to V4... That'll learn me to be impatient.