Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 252

Thread: Iguidance v4.0

  1. #81
    Maximum Bitrate sporty_drew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    662
    Are there any problems with installing one copy on 2 computers? I'd like to buy it and put it on my carputer along with my laptop (for riding with friends).
    1998 Camaro Worklog Starting over, New setup for 2010

  2. #82
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    BROOKLYN NY
    Posts
    110
    u can put it on 2 computer

  3. #83
    Maximum Bitrate sporty_drew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    662
    ok thanks
    1998 Camaro Worklog Starting over, New setup for 2010

  4. #84
    FLAC Marvin Hlavac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    .... . .-. .
    Posts
    1,015
    Yes, the activation procedure lets you activate the program on up to two PC's. You can also easily de-activate it via a click of a button on one PC, and then activate it on another, if needed.

  5. #85
    Maximum Bitrate sporty_drew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    662
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin Hlavac View Post
    Yes, the activation procedure lets you activate the program on up to two PC's. You can also easily de-activate it via a click of a button on one PC, and then activate it on another, if needed.
    Great, I'll be ordering it now
    1998 Camaro Worklog Starting over, New setup for 2010

  6. #86
    Mo' Programming Mo' Problems
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Sonicxtacy02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Posts
    8,169
    Blog Entries
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by lkstaack View Post
    JohnWPB, developer of the Digital FX skin for RR, and Sonicxtacy02 informed me iG4 is not embedable with the current version of RR because it is not igNative compatible.
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/rr-s...eased-107.html

    Does anyone else know otherwise?
    i didnt say it wasnt embeddeble i said that the features that igNative enabled dont work.. it'll still embed just like any other program will

    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixPC View Post
    Well, I didn't really plan to upgrade to iG4, but I guess I will.
    For those of you how already order iG4 and installed, can you guy find out what is the windows (application) name for iG? Is it still called iGuidance? If that the case, RR sure can embed it well when set to iGnative = true. Any other option such as autoswitch on guidance and voice is depend on if iNav decided to change anything. But I'm sure it work.
    It won't hurt if you just try it. If it still works and embed nicely with RR, I won't be update to iG4, if not, I will. Also, Resource hacker is also handy to change the application/window name back to iGuidance if iNav changed it to something else. .
    window name is still iGuidance
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Find my plugins on the MP3Car App Store!
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

  7. #87
    MySQL Error MatrixPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Beach City, Socal
    Posts
    4,053
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin Hlavac View Post
    Yes, the activation procedure lets you activate the program on up to two PC's. You can also easily de-activate it via a click of a button on one PC, and then activate it on another, if needed.
    Marvin, here a question for you if you happen to know the answer.
    I have 3 carPC in total (my wife and my 2 cars and she can't drive either of my car --- manual). Because we carpool to work so 98% of the time only 1 of the 3 car will be use. The other 2% is 2 of the 3 car will be use.
    So if I install iG4 on 3 of the carPC (if that even possible) am I violate the license? Or can I keep "de-activate and activate" between my 2 cars?
    But I think the answer is that not 3 but only 2 regardless of what.
    2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
    89 Supra Turbo P3 600E@750/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
    Y2K Accord Dell GX150
    RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
    EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

  8. #88
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonicxtacy02 View Post
    i didnt say it wasnt embeddeble i said that the features that igNative enabled dont work.. it'll still embed just like any other program will
    I guess I didn't fully understand. So, you are saying that while iG4 may work, it will not have some of the features iG3 has (such as muting music when directions are given)?

  9. #89
    FLAC Marvin Hlavac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    .... . .-. .
    Posts
    1,015
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixPC View Post
    Marvin, here a question for you if you happen to know the answer.
    I have 3 carPC in total (my wife and my 2 cars and she can't drive either of my car --- manual). Because we carpool to work so 98% of the time only 1 of the 3 car will be use. The other 2% is 2 of the 3 car will be use.
    So if I install iG4 on 3 of the carPC (if that even possible) am I violate the license? Or can I keep "de-activate and activate" between my 2 cars?
    But I think the answer is that not 3 but only 2 regardless of what.

    I'm not a lawyer, nor am I iNav, so don't take my word for anything :-)

    You have an interesting question, and if you wish to get an authoritative answer, then perhaps e-mail to [email protected]

    Here's a copy & paste from EULA: "...You may use one copy of the enclosed Software and Data on a single computer, with a single CPU, and a Windows CE device at any time...". It would be interesting to know if the word "use" in the above sentence has the same meaning as the word "install" would have, or if it pertains only to the actual usage by a driver while navigating.

    The activation scheme allows a user to activate up to two computers. As far as I know there is no limit as to the numbers of de-activations & activations (or transfers between PC's).

  10. #90
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1

    Exchange?

    I have Delorme street atlas pro and microsoft streets and trips and iguidance 3.
    Can anyone exchange these 3 to iguidance 4?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 570
    Last Post: 11-05-2009, 03:49 PM
  2. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-15-2006, 01:46 AM
  3. iGuidance Font Size Fix summary thread
    By Viscouse in forum GPS
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 03-28-2006, 07:21 PM
  4. Hacking Iguidance
    By Peoples in forum GPS
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 08-28-2005, 07:40 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-19-2005, 12:15 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •