If you have your COM port set over 9 it will crash. That's the only known issue that I am aware of causing symptoms you describe.
Ok so here is my problem, I had my INAV working just fine for about three or 4 months. But now for some reason it will not connect to any GPS sat, and if it does for some reason it loses the connection. If it doesn't lose the connection and i go put in a destination it says "LOOKING FOR GPS SIGNAL" then just freezes!
What is going on? everything else works fine on my system. Any Ideas?
yes I was thinking about that, My port is set to two. and i am using xport for rr and i have that set to 3 and 4. So what I tried today was changing my port in rr to read 4 not three, and changing the Iguidance to read 4 not three. Seems to be working now, however i didn't go driving much today. I did an update on my roadrunner and i am thinking that might of screw things up maybe? We'll see, thanks a lot for your imput. I'll keep you and everone else up to speed if that fixes the problem.
Are you running xPort3? There's 2 other things that cause mine to take its sweet *** time. If I boot my computer with the GPS receiver plugged in, let it hibernate, unplug the receiver, then come out of hibernation without the receiver plugged in, it gets all confused. So no matter how many times I plug it back in, it won't recognize it until I reboot with it plugged in. The other is when I have to drive through my parkade first, for some reason it gets confused and does nothing for about 5 minutes after I get out on the road.
2.5" Hard Drive 80GB Samsung 5400RPM
256 MB DDR2 PC5400
Xenarc 700TSV - VGA Monitor
Intel D945GCLF Motherboard
2005 Honda Civic
I have had the same problem very recently. Any other GPS program with my Holux213U Works fine. All of a sudden IG4 (after working perfectly for 5 months) will not lock at all..?? This happened 3 weeks ago and I messed up my commands in SIRF DEMO utilty and ended up having to crak open my unit and Short it out for reset. After that is ran great gain up until today...Only problem is in Iguidance of course... I do not know....
Well... Here's "my" deal. I got it working.... I really do not understand this but here it goes.
I have had my Holux GPS Magnetic mouse mounted on the exterior of my vehicle. I noticed after getting it to work on my Desktop that when I stuck it to my car it immediately lost signal..? As soon as I picked it off the metal it grabbed 8 Sats??? And metal / magnetic surface I attached this to it stopped working? So, it is meant to be both magnetic and weather proof. I gave up and placed it in my back cargo area on Plastic where it is doing just fine. I have no idea what or why this is but I am glad it isn't totally shot.
I have been having a similar problem. When I start up iGuidance by itself with the gps adapter already plugged in it detects the adapter and grabs the sats. If I start up RR with the adapter plugged in, I have to unplug the adapter and then plug it back in to get a sat signal. Even in the new version (2009) I still have this problem. I noticed someone talking about setting their com ports in iGuidance and RR differently. Is there something I'm missing. I have the adapter on com port 4 and that is what I have RR looking for the gps on too. Please help.
Which com port being greater than nine is the issue? The windows assigned port or the one I'm splitting with xport and sending to iguidance? I've got 14 as the windows port and splitting to 20 and 21 for dfx and iguidance respectively. It's been working for the longest time but just in the past day or two I've been having issues where I'm using gps and it will just lose signal as though I'd unplugged the gps antenna and the only way to get it to work again for either gps or the dfx compass is to reboot the pc. I was wondering if the antenna was starting to fail. I also am having it where Iguidance will just freeze a few moments after I start it, and restarting gps jut has it freeze again. For this I also have to reboot it once or twice to vet it working. I'm actually off on a roadtrip in co right now so I'm really limited in the research and debugging I can do. (forums via a smartphone suck!). So if anyone could offer suggestions on these problems you'd be a real lifesaver. I hate papr maps