Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14

Thread: Iguidance and com port issues.

  1. #11
    FLAC
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,322
    the problem with iguidance is it saves the gps port settings in the registry only up to 4 values.... so COM1 through COM9 are fine, but COM10 gets cut off to COM1 after you close the program... COM34 would get cut to COM3 and the like.


    key tricks i use to coax Xport into working.

    *Baud rate 4800 in Xport, and the driver port should be set to 9600 or 4800, which should be default anyway.
    *If unsure about things, uncheck the 'enable ports' box and close out of xport. restart the pc, then open xport and configure if need to. then re-enable the ports, then restart the pc. if you do this whole process, it seems to clear out xport and then lock it back in to default behavior pretty well. the system restarts are key.
    *if you know everything is set right, and you did the process i stated above, sometimes it seems to help to just drive around for 10 min to let the gps puck start sending sequential figures instead of random crap that it seems to give while standing still. i have noticed a few times that if i enable everything as i should but xport still wont 3d fix, i drive around and then it will just start working.
    *use the checkbox next to your gps driver inside the xport screen. if you change this setting- leave xport running and do a system restart so when it does boot back into windows xport will load up with that feature enabled right at the start. again, this process of doing a system restart after any major change seems to help greatly.

  2. #12
    Maximum Bitrate stonestatue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (Atlanta, GA temporarily)
    Posts
    487
    Alright, I have a much clearer understanding of Xport now. The GPS and Iguidance were giving me problems when testing them on my laptop, but I installed on the actual carputer (as of this post, not yet installed in the van). Iguidance auto-detected the GPS at first, but still wouldn't zero in on my location. Then I auto-detected it again, but it wouldn't do it that time. So I tried Xport on the carputer and it instantly fixed the problem. I am hoping this will permanently fix the problem. Thanks everyone.
    Check out my GMC Savana worklog.

    Remaining tasks to facilitate vanputer installation codename "Enterprise":
    - Edit skin to liking.
    - Get compatible phone for mobilephone.net.
    - Facilitate HVAC control.

  3. #13
    Variable Bitrate Jistari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    243
    Just so you know (since you mantioned that it wasnt in the van when you tested it), my bu 353 doesnt get a fix from inside my house. If you see it with the GPSInfo app, you're probably good to go.
    PDP1170/TRS80/Atari800XL/Amiga500/286/486/P2/P4/C2D/i7 still a newb (but an old newb, been doing this a while) working my way up to "Complete Newb"

  4. #14
    Maximum Bitrate stonestatue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (Atlanta, GA temporarily)
    Posts
    487
    I had the GPS on the laptop and drove to Walmart and that didn't do anything then. I got it to register when I drove to a nearby gas station, but it stopped after that. This was before I fixed it.
    Check out my GMC Savana worklog.

    Remaining tasks to facilitate vanputer installation codename "Enterprise":
    - Edit skin to liking.
    - Get compatible phone for mobilephone.net.
    - Facilitate HVAC control.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •