samsung jack tethering on wm6.5
im trying to tether my wm 6.5 samsung jack to my carputer. what do i need to do to get it connected. I want to use it by the usb cable for connection also. are there files i have to download to the phone or something? when i try to go into setting/connections/gprs media net has a lock on it. how to remove this lock? anyone? also would they know you use your phone for tethering by doing this?
Tethering the Samsung Jack
Everything you need to know about tethering the Samsung Jack can be found at: http://www.tether-unlock-i637.webs.com
download this- tinyurl.com/icscontrol
to set it up, first set all to default settings. then set settings to desired states (use cellular line for the fist connection, and RNDIS for the second).
if you need more help, let me know. this is the best way to tether any windows mobile phone, trust me.
Originally Posted by trader007
Can you be more specific as to what this program is (used to tether a windows phone?) and directions more complete than the ones you gave. Is there a website where more information about this program can be found?
I really would like to know a lot more about this program before I attempt to use it. (ie.: does the phone need to be application unlocked before it can be downloaded on the phone, have any issues been reported suggesting any driver conflicts etc.) Thanks!
look here- http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=377047
basically, its a homebrew app that runs on stock roms afaik.
1. download zip file.
2. unzip the exe inside and place it onto your phone, any directory.
3. run the exe file right on your phone. it will not work on a windows computer, only wm6 and wm5 phones
4. in the program, scroll down and click on "set All Defaults"
5. scroll up and set "Public Interface" to "cellular line"
6. set "Private Interface" to "RNDISFN1" or something close to that. RNDIS means USB
7. check the box "auto connect to network" and in the dropdown box select "The Internet"
8. check the box "allow suspend mode"
9. LEAVE ALL OTHER OPTIONS AS THEY ARE SET BY DEFAULT.
10. click "save"
11. click "start ICS", and plug the phone into the computer.
you wont notice anything actually happen. the network icon on your computer will not show any network connected. however, if you go into your web browser, you will notice you can surf the net just fine.
from then on, when you want to connect, just launch the icscontrol.exe file again and simply click "start ics". the program saves your settings so its very easy after you set it up.
this program is reliable enough to even leave on 24/7 and use the net connection as a dedicated line. i do it myself for my carpc. as long as the phone doesnt shut off, i never even have to interact with the phone at all... it stays in my glovebox.
Last edited by trader007; 04-15-2011 at 09:53 PM.