Griffin Airclick + mappable plugin
I think this is perfect solution for remote. Small, neat, wireless.
First there was a winamp plugin rebuild by Dmitry Fedorov to a multimedia plugin. I didnt liked the OSD whenever the button was pressed so wheeler989 have changed a bit and it is working now flawless. Here is short descripion what it can do:
1) Normal operational mode will send multimedia keys like play/pause, next, prev, vol up and vol down to which ever application will process them.
2) Holding down Volume buttons will continuously send volume commands. Same for Next and Prev buttons.
3) Holding down Play/Pause button for one second and a half will switch between "Arrow Keyboard" and "Multimedia Keyboard" modes.
4) In "Arrow Keyboard" Play/Pause button is an Enter and other buttons are Arrows.
5) Holding down Play/Pause button for five seconds will shutdown the computer.
Keys Multimedia mode Keyboard mode Hold 1.5 sec Hold 5 sec
Play/Pause Play/Pause Enter Switch modes Shutdown
Next Next (Ch+ in WMCE TV) Arrow up
Prev Prev (Ch- in WMCE TV) Arrow down
Vol up Vol up Arrow right
Vol down Vol down Arrow left
Chordite chording keyboard && bluetooth keyboard
If you want one-hand full-101-key keyboard, look at making yourself a Chordite keyboard. http://www.chordite.com/
I resell a bluetooth keyboard module which can be used to make a custom bluetooth keyboard. Linked off http://russnelson.com/ . 20% off for mp3Car users (but you must mention mp3Car).
Note that these are separate things. I bought a supply of the latter hoping to use them in the former, but mmmmm, not so happy-making. No access to the firmware, so FAIL. While they don't work for chordite, they can be made into a great little bluetooth keyboard.