FAQ / Summery of best bets for Input (In this Thread)
EB mini usb (see note 1) is prolly the best.. that and maybe a small programable usb keypad, that and a few voice commands
1) Mount a keypad between the drivers and passenger seat
Datalux (cop-car comp co.) made good keyboards and mounts
2) Dauphin keypads are cheap, and about 9" by 5"
3) Joystick or numeric keypad with mapped keys.
1) Touchscreen, Sits right on your LCD. takes up no extra space, can be used for text entry (w/ little on-screen keyboard), and for mouse like dragging & clicking.. but... as compact as these are.. the screen *will* get smears.. if you use a stylus, it will get wear marks.
1) A dauphin keyboard, as well as other small keyboards can in some cars be put in the sun visor.
2) Many people use numeric keypads, sometimes programmable numeric keypads which are mapped to control the program one has running.
Right now we are looking for advice in the following areas:
2) What kind of Voice Recognition products are there, how do they work?
Note 1: The EB mini usb keyboard
Found by: LLCoolWas
Buy it at: was hard to get before... but now its for sale here in the mp3car store!
Alternative mouse control ...
Personally, I found the following to be a usefull replacement for a mouse ...