Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: How to relocate these joystick buttons ?

  1. #1
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    At home
    Posts
    88

    How to relocate these joystick buttons ?

    this is from my Thrustmaster Flight X Stick with 12 buttons....and i would like to know how can i relocate these buttons i have in here....they have some kind of rubber in each contact as you can see from green rubbers in here....



    as you can see i took the rubber from the button on the left side corner

  2. #2
    The Last Good Gremlin GizmoQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    St Louis
    Posts
    2,344
    If I remember correctly the green cover has a minute metal tab under it that when presses against the PCB completes the circuit. If you're even a novice at soldering, you could solder some wires to the two tabs I pointed at and buy a momentary switch from your local/internet electronic parts store and put it anywhere you want.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

  3. #3
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    At home
    Posts
    88

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by GizmoQ View Post
    If I remember correctly the green cover has a minute metal tab under it that when presses against the PCB completes the circuit. If you're even a novice at soldering, you could solder some wires to the two tabs I pointed at and buy a momentary switch from your local/internet electronic parts store and put it anywhere you want.
    its so easy ? I mean i am not so skilled for that but i didnt know it was so easy...THANKS!

  4. #4
    The Last Good Gremlin GizmoQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    St Louis
    Posts
    2,344
    Quote Originally Posted by 528i_tourer View Post
    its so easy ? I mean i am not so skilled for that but i didnt know it was so easy...THANKS!


    Click here-> Rep points!!!
    HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

  5. #5
    Fusion Brain Creator 2k1Toaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado, but Canadian!
    Posts
    10,052
    Quote Originally Posted by GizmoQ View Post
    Click here-> Rep points!!!
    rep hoar!!!
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

  6. #6
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    At home
    Posts
    88
    can i just make a cut in the wires from each button and then connect another button in paralell with the original ones. I dont wanna solder anything directly on the board. Isnt it this the same thing when reallocating those buttons?

  7. #7
    The Last Good Gremlin GizmoQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    St Louis
    Posts
    2,344
    Damn, been almost a year and you stil haven't connected that joystick. Hell I've been thru 4 Saitek X-52s and three X-52Pros since then. If you're leery of doing the soldering get a hold o somone in your local Ham Radio club or even a CB Radio repair shop - give them $20 bucks and tell them which buttons you want remoted.








    ________________________
    Lead, follow, or get the hell outta the way!!!!
    HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

  8. #8
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    At home
    Posts
    88
    Quote Originally Posted by GizmoQ View Post
    Damn, been almost a year and you stil haven't connected that joystick. Hell I've been thru 4 Saitek X-52s and three X-52Pros since then. If you're leery of doing the soldering get a hold o somone in your local Ham Radio club or even a CB Radio repair shop - give them $20 bucks and tell them which buttons you want remoted.


    no man i hadnt installed my carpc yet! its not the joystick! Thanks anyway!







    ________________________
    Lead, follow, or get the hell outta the way!!!!

Similar Threads

  1. add buttons to home page
    By badassfirebird in forum Road Runner
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-25-2007, 10:50 AM
  2. Fabricating buttons on a bezel.. need help
    By gps in forum Fabrication
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-17-2007, 11:24 PM
  3. Relocating Buttons
    By ConvertedWS9 in forum General MP3Car Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-06-2006, 07:29 PM
  4. Relocate the buttons on the lilliput?
    By Xtreme2k2 in forum LCD/Display
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-20-2004, 11:18 AM
  5. Illuminated buttons for custom console
    By mccleanp in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-18-2002, 09:37 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •