UPDATE - Xbox thumbstick media control
UPDATE - see page 2 for attaching additional buttons
the xbox controller is a very versatile piece of hardware, it can be configured in just about any way.
heres the way i configured it:
1. i removed everything from the controller board.
2. then soldered an extension wire for the left thumbstick (about 1')
3. soldered a USB cable instead of the original cable (just match the colors)
4. then install the xbcd drivers to recognize the controller as a joystick.
5. and the last stem is a program thats called JOYTOKEY.
6. bind the thumbstick to send multimedia keyboard signals.
LEFT-0xB1 (next track)
RIGHT-0xB0 (previous track)
UP-0xAF (master volume up) repeat 16 times/sec (steps)
DOWN-0xAE (master volume down) repeat 16 times/sec (steps)
Button 9 (thumbstick press) - 0xB3 (play/pause)
7. then under advanced - set threshold to 50% to make it less sensitive, and send the signals when its moved half way in the assigned directions.
also this controller can provide much greater functionality. later on im going to bind the toggle fullscreen keys for centrafuse.....