Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: USB Hubs reccommendation please

  1. #1
    Maximum Bitrate Dave One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Norfolk UK
    Posts
    560

    USB Hubs reccommendation please

    Afternoon,

    I should mention I have searched on google but gave up . I'm relying on fellow forum users that have experience to recommend.

    I've just upgraded my Belkin F5U234vuk1 hubs to Belkin F5U304uk hubs. However, I've been experiencing occassional problems, like not always connecting (requiring a restart).

    I was happy with the old ones but I'm reluctant to go back to them as I have to use adapters to convert USB B (M) - USB Mini B (M), which could potentially disconnect with vibration. I would rather find a USB hub that can accept the USB B (M). Other relevant information would be that the current USB speed is 2.0 and there are 4 x USB A (F) inputs.

    Can anyone recommend such a hub (with 4 USB A (F) - obviously USB 2.0)?

    Many thanks....
    Vauxhall Astra SXi Car PC installed.

  2. #2
    Mod - iPad Forums RipplingHurst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Danville, CA
    Posts
    2,161
    Belkins never worked for me. I don't like that brand at all. Even a 2.99 Vakoss worked better with my GPS on resume (XP) than the Belkin.

    I had problems with hooking bandwidth intensive stuff with the Belkin, like GPS, WebCAm and thumbdrive. Now I'm using two of these logitechs in one car, simply because they're much better build than the Vakoss (which I still use in the other, but in a place that's easy to swap). What I like about the Logitech ones is that they're so reliable with hybrid sleep, hibernation, resume, picky/high bandfwidth devices/MB etc. They don't come with AC adapter though (so you have to find a small plug to hook it up to power).

    However, since I'm not installing a tablet, I need a usb hub to be able to charge my iPhone (and/or my Bluetooth GPS) even with the computer off/undocked. Both logitechs and Vakoss cut the power to the devices when the computer is off/when they're not connected, but I've heard the Dlinks keeps them on (if plugged, of course) and that it works well (but they're big). I've never used them though, but at that price above, I'm probably going to buy it. Oh and I think the Dlink has the connector you need.

    Hope this helps.

  3. #3
    Maximum Bitrate Dave One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Norfolk UK
    Posts
    560
    Quote Originally Posted by RipplingHurst View Post
    Belkins never worked for me. I don't like that brand at all. Even a 2.99 Vakoss worked better with my GPS on resume (XP) than the Belkin.
    I'm not using hibernate as yet, full shutdown for me but now the screen is fabricated in the dash I'll have to try hibernate to save on 'waiting time'.......

    Quote Originally Posted by RipplingHurst View Post
    I had problems with hooking bandwidth intensive stuff with the Belkin, like GPS, WebCAm and thumbdrive. Now I'm using two of these logitechs in one car, simply because they're much better build than the Vakoss (which I still use in the other, but in a place that's easy to swap). What I like about the Logitech ones is that they're so reliable with hybrid sleep, hibernation, resume, picky/high bandfwidth devices/MB etc. They don't come with AC adapter though (so you have to find a small plug to hook it up to power).
    I've got 3.5mm (??) 5v adapter fly leads from my carNetix P1280 (soon to be M1-ATX) for dash device power installed

    Quote Originally Posted by RipplingHurst View Post
    However, since I'm not installing a tablet, I need a usb hub to be able to charge my iPhone (and/or my Bluetooth GPS) even with the computer off/undocked. Both logitechs and Vakoss cut the power to the devices when the computer is off/when they're not connected, but I've heard the Dlinks keeps them on (if plugged, of course) and that it works well (but they're big). I've never used them though, but at that price above, I'm probably going to buy it. Oh and I think the Dlink has the connector you need.

    Hope this helps.
    Thanks mate, helps alot. I'm going to seach for the Logitech now .

    Any other comments would be welcome guys . Experience is the most valuable too .

    Cheers
    Vauxhall Astra SXi Car PC installed.

Similar Threads

  1. Install Windows XP on a USB Flash Drive
    By kingofl337 in forum WinNT Based
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-11-2012, 01:26 PM
  2. Core Duo / Core 2 Duo Mini-ITX boards
    By RedGTiVR6 in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 153
    Last Post: 10-03-2010, 11:30 PM
  3. I have a question about USB Hubs
    By hornet28610 in forum Newbie
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-24-2008, 11:25 PM
  4. Car Plugs for USB hubs?
    By HiJackZX1 in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-13-2007, 02:25 PM
  5. Installing a USB Hub up-front? Read this...
    By hd54321 in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-09-2007, 12:49 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •